Re-introduction

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by martin, Jul 8, 2008.

1. martin

martin New Member

Hey gang. I haven't been around much lately and so much has changed in my life that I feel a re-introduction is necessary. I have been putzing around FUSA for a few years now and got to meet a few of the Atlanta folks in the Fall. Here is what I have been up to since my last FFC match at the Brewhouse...

August 07: Great new job
    November 07: New girlfriend
    April 08: Laid off from great new job
    April 08: Girlfriend = fiancee
    May 08: Better, newer job in California
    August 08: Moving to Sacramento
    January 09: Wedding

I am in California temporarily now and will move for good in August. Hopefully I can find some Fulham fans in the Sac area to take in a match or two. My wife-to-be is not a fan yet, but she at least indulges my soccer hobby!

So, the last season was as wild for me as it was for Fulham. But the end result was just as great! Hopefully the next few years will not be so crazy.

Cheers,
    Martin

2. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Congrats on all the changes Martin. Not sure about the pub situation in Sac-town, but a weekend in San Francisco w/your new bride and a match w/the NoCal crew is a pretty short drive away.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Sacramento is gorgeous. Glad you're moving along. And congratulations on January 09. I'd offer to come play at your wedding, but the travel expenses would bankrupt you! :lol:

4. Coog

Coog New Member

I never got to greet you the first time around, Martin, since I wasn't here :roll: but I wish you the best as things move forward. Looks like you are doing things in the right sequence. You are on the good side of the San Andreas Fault so there's no chance your living room will slip into the ocean one night. Cheers! :coffee:

5. MisfitKid

MisfitKid New Member

Martin- Welcome to the Left Coast, good to have ya.
    Sackatomato in August..., bring your a/c, but don't worry it's a dry heat.

A good earth-shake every once in awhile ain't nothin. It beats having to deal with the seasons in the mid-west & east, "Hurricane", "Flood" & "Tornado"!

Once you get settled maybe we can set up another Bay Area contingent get together, I'd be up for it.
    MK
    COYW!! 8)

6. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

Since we are doing re-introducing, allow myself to....re-introduce...myself.

I am the artist formerly known as FFCinPCB.

I've changed my name here, on the offal, and am registered as thus on FOF. I may still use the old registration now and then, but PCB will be in the rearview mirror soon enough.

See you in Cali, Martin!

7. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Martin congrats on everything. Sounds like it has been a whirlwind year for you. It is always good to hear from you and I wish you luck in your move and your upcoming wedding.

8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

it must be time for the west coast meander. If you're taking IH10, pm me and we'll see when you'll be in this area. Might be gigging; could be a pint. Who knows?

9. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

You got it, Don. I look forward to it.

10. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

'___bhoy' !!!!!

Oh my aching head. Striving for perpetual adolescence, are we?

End of me taking anything you say seriously. And that's too bad.

11. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

You don't understand, and that's no surprise to me.

If you would like me to explain, you'll have to ask much more nicely than that, You Old Bag of Wind.

12. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

So are we to presume PCB er' Bhoy that you're picking up stakes and moving to where it's as sunny as Florida but w/no humidity??

13. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

Ahhhh, no humidity. It seems like a place like that could not really exist.

Yep. But not for quite a few months yet. It will be an absolute pleasure to be amongst simpaticos and enjoy watching matches with friends. I've been jealous of everyone else who is able to do that.

I also imagine we will be in Southern California visiting family on many occasions, so I'll be in touch when that happens.

14. martin

martin New Member

Thanks for all the well wishes! I am definitely excited about the wedding and the move. They need to finish fixing I-5 soon because that is seriously jacking up my commute.

I was skeptical about the "dry heat", but it seems to make at least a little difference. Doesn't feel as sauna-like as Atlanta. We are supposed to hit 109 today in Sac. That should be fun.

It sounds like a serious migration is happening. A west coast FUSA gathering may be in order!

15. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

What? Is this like a cyber personality disorder? I don't know about this whole starting a new name and then switch back to the old one. Sets a dangerous precedent. To confusing, it'll make my head hurt :x

16. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

who switched back??

17. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

You anticipated that such might happen.
    "I may still use the old registration now and then"

18. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

Oh, I did say that.

I haven't used the old one since changing, but I guess you never know. If I ever really do lose it, and develop multiple personalities, it should come in handy.

19. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

we'll be watching, Sybil

20. terrinh73

terrinh73 Member

CONGRATS, MARTIN!!!!

I was wondering what happened to you since your responses to the "meet up at the Brewy" e-mails were kinda vague-ish...TOTALLY makes sense now ;)!

Will you still be around for the first match against Hull? Jacob and I are going to see if we can purchase it or create computer-to-TV hook up and have a little '08-'09 Season Opener Party at either my house or his...you and your fiancee are more than welcome to join us...the usual Dirty Whites will be there ;)! Sweetwater and nosh of some fashion will be on-hand ;)...

We'll miss you at the BH...show 'em how it's done when you go to Sacremento!

Best Wishes :)
    -Terri in ATL