[R] Villains v. Fulham

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by FFCinPCB, Aug 19, 2007.

1. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

I want it so bad, I can taste it.

2. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

I assume you mean out match against Villa coming up, and I can only agree with you.

While Villa is better on paper than Boro, so was Arsenal. I'm starting to realize that our defense is actually doing a good job this year. No matter what the final scores have been saying. They could have been much worse.

It seems to me that our midfield needs to control the ball better and move it around a bit more.

3. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Aston Villa will be like Asenal, but just a slightly lesser quality. Hopefully we can hang in there and get a draw or a fortunate victory, but I expect us to go down. Aston Villa was unfortunate to lose to Liverpool and could have beaten Newcastle. They're desperate for their first win. Fulham looks tasty to them I bet.

Steven Davis is a problem in midfield for Fulham, namely because he's not physical and is not a ball winner. Smertin reminds of me of Claudio Reyna. So our midfield isn't bad, but it isn't going to ever hold court over anybody.

We may actually have a more potent attack going forward with Kamara and Dempsey in there though (if Dempsey starts).

So I think we'll fight and claw to maybe a draw at best. Fulham has a really tough month ahead of it. Could lose all of the next four games until Derby/Sunderland.

4. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Villains. Bullocks. I'm with FFCinPCB, Villa haven't played particularly well at the onset and points should be had.

When is Hawk-Eye coming into play? No matter, it's a match too late. Bastards. Wankers. I'm not mad at the last result, or anything...

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Perish the thought, Nev.

Let's get some Villains!

6. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

funny how this thread got started so early.

in addition to currently being slightly overrated, villa haven't scored a goal from play yet. but that'll probably change this weekend.

i need to think a bit more about this match before predicting its outcome. it could really go either way.

7. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Well since the they've won twice on the road out of the last 39 games, its hard to be optimistic. However, if the lads can take some of the chances their creating there's no reason a result can't had. Davis will have his best game of the year against his old team and Kamara will get off the schnide
    2-1 to the good guys.

8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I'm sorry. From what I saw this weekend, Villa have mastered the old Arsene Wenger trip of springing counterattacks. If their forwards could have gotten their heads out of their asses, they could have scored four "in play" goals.

I don't see us winning; I see us getting our heads handed to us for the first time all season. Villa 4 Fulham 1.

I'm still going to be with GJ and in the chatroom if there'll be others there.

9. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Since I'm one of the few on here to have seen them play in person, I believe Don may be correct... I put chances at 50-50, draw for us or rout for them.

10. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Agbonlahor and Ashley Young will run circles around Baird I bet. We can handle Carew, but it is there speedsters that are going to kill us. At least Reo-Coker and Petrov aren't overly physical so Davis and Smertin may do okay.

Should be a fun game to watch though.

11. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

I rate this Villa side. They have loads of attacking options and if given the chance to get to the bi-line Fulham could be in some trouble. Young and Agbonlahor have loads of pace, but young doesn't worry me nearly as much as Agbonlahor does. Carew will be a handful for Zat and Boca. His ability to hold up play and distribute the ball will be a tall order to stop.

That being said, Fulham will be desperate for 3 points. With all Fulhamish events that ocurred last weekend hopefully Fulham can net a goal or two and keep a clean sheet.

12. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

This will definitely be a tough match. Villa looked dangerous on the road against a pretty decent Newcastle side and played well enough to get a draw against Liverpool in the opening week.

From what I have seen, Martin O'Neill's side has a strong defense and does not concede cheap goals. Fulham will have to defend well against the quicker players like Agbonlahor and even Luke Moore as well as trying to create chances of their own.

It will be interesting to see how Healy and Kamara work out up front on Saturday. It will be an entertaining match for sure and it would be fantastic to get a positive result, but I am not that optimistic about this match.

More later in the week...

13. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

somebody message me when McBride is back.

j/k...

I do however have absolutely no optimism towards this match. I see a struggle from the word go. Is Niemi going to be back? If so, and if the lads don't lose concentration in the back...then maybe...MAYBE we can pull a 0-0 draw. Otherwise, I think it's game, set, match!

14. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

I'm drinking the Kool-Aid, then, because Aston Villa, while a solid club, aren't earth-shattering at this point by any means. A draw away at Newcastle and a home loss to Liverpool tells me this years' squad probably haven't come together under O'Neill yet. And, I hope Fulham is getting them before they've gelled.

Fulham needs to circle the wagons early with the Captain out. Points, baby, points.

15. iriedog

iriedog New Member

Villa are not Arse-enal, so be hopefull here. Abungholwhore's finishing is skeptic, I think Carew is the main danger holding and distributing and has a dangerous quick and powerful shot, not to mention solid air prowess. They are a solid side, but this is the Premiership, there aren't many that aren't. I think we have a few goals in us, we just need to play Reading type football and challenge and pressure all 90 minutes with a total team effort from the forwards to the backs....

Also Sorenson is still out and hopefully Dempsey will give Mellberg a knock when they play against the states tomorrow.

16. Fulhamburger

Fulhamburger New Member

1-1

Goal - Kamara (54')

17. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Sorenson is out, but Scott Carson is in.

18. CincyFulham

CincyFulham New Member

I was wondering who would be watching the Villa match on saturday and if they would be watching it live on Seta Xtra or the replay at 4:30. the reason I ask is because when I watch a match I have question and was hoping some supporters would be posting in the chatroom and could elighten me to some aspects of the game. I have never played an organized game of soccer/football in my life and while I understand some of the rules and tactics the finer points seem to elude me.

19. WVfulhamfan

WVfulhamfan New Member

I will be watching the game live on Setanta broadband on my computer. I will probably have FulhamUSA up also. If I can answer any of your questions, I would be glad to.

20. bostoncottage

bostoncottage New Member