QPR Away

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by SCFulhamFan, Feb 20, 2012.

1. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Don't use IE.

2. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

You're preaching to the choir, Nev. But others, including the fine gentleman from South Texas, do. Like I said earlier, for some reason IE is still the most used browser. The only reason I can think that's the case is the it's the default browser for just about every computer.

3. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Okay so this isnt a very good time for me to complain about how I keep getting short posts lost to cyberspace. :oops:

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

My local computer geek told me that several sites have routines that allowed for the disparity between IE and other platforms. The problem is that the newer IE's have resolved the disparity issues; however, many sites still have that mechanism in their routines.

'by the way, Senator, I haven't had an upgrade in the last week -- when all this started -- so I'm not sure you can lay it all on IE9

5. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Hatter, the only browser that the site does not work with is IE9. I have looked at the site with just about every browser besides IE9 and have not run into a single problem. There is some conflict with the current CMS (joomla and/or the template) and IE9. And I don't know what it is, but I'm not a web person by trade either. If you know anybody that might help, please get them in touch with me. I do not want to rebuild a website from scratch just so it can work on 1 browser...least of all for the browser I dislike the most. Gracias.

6. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Thank you google. After many hours searching google, I finally found the answer...and the site works again in IE. Apparently you cannot cut and paste from a Microsoft Word document into an article, it will render IE useless. Whodda thunk it?

http://www.joomlanook.com/index.php?opt ... 11&id=5655

Now back to our scheduled programming:

Whites will win 1-2.

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

and I got to (finally) read your excellent writeup. I almost hesitate to tell you that when I tried to comment on it, it gave me an error because the email address I put in was 'already in use.'

Sigh. Speaking of emails -- one is on the way to you.

8. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

For the majority of us who've been only following Fulham since the early to mid-oughts, it's important to know that 25 years ago these 2 clubs came very close to merging and becoming Fulham Park Rangers. Good thing for both sets of supporters that this didn't happen.

9. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Thanks, amigo.

I ran into the same problem with the comments. Your username and email is stored for the site, and since I ditched the log on to the site you can't use them. I entered my comment by shortening my screen name and using another email address. If you don't have another email account, you can trick it by saying none123@none.com for the email address or something like that. As far as I know there is no option to make an email address unnecessary to comment on the articles. But I'm checking into making commenting a little easier for members (without the log on module).

10. Clevelandmo

Saw Mark Hughes on Sky Sports and he said, "apparently it's not possible to leave Fulham and still remain on good terms". Hmmm, I bet Roy still considers himself on good terms. Truthfully, though, I've always suspected Mark couldnt quite get comfortable working for an eccentric like Al Fayed. Just a hunch.

11. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Here's a video from exactly 25 years ago that outlines how close we were to being devoured.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIfXh8eOjWk

There are some parts on there where you really want to smack the smug off some of those geezers.

12. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

13. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

The Telegraph says AJ will be available, so I'm gonna say Jol plays a hunch and puts him in there. He hasn't scored since the last match against these guys, so he's a) way overdue and, b) still a Cottager.

I'll be helping my daughter move tomorrow, so I'll be checking up on things as I can, no chat time, unfortunately.

I expect the rest of you to will us to a much needed road win against our classless former leader.

3-1, Good Guys!

COYW!

14. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Fulham Line-up: :banana-dance:

Schwarzer
    Kelly
    Hughes
    Hangeland
    Riise
    Ruiz
    Murphy
    Dembele
    Dempsey
    Pogrebnyak
    Johnson

Substitutes
    Orlando Sa
    Stockdale
    Senderos
    Baird
    Etuhu
    Frei
    Duff

Coyws!

15. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

I'll be in the chat room. Hope others can join in.

16. MisterF

MisterF New Member

Really excited for this one, feels like it's been a while. 3-1 Fulham. Think it'll be tougher than last time but we'll still come out on top.

17. sfm

sfm Member

QPR: q.e.d.

18. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Lovely. An ugly 3 point pick-up and a win over QPR.

And Mr. Hughes, really? Cry-baby.

Oh well, moving up the table. COYWs.

19. Clevelandmo

MOM for me was Hangeland. Happy for the three points that I wasnt counting on :banana-dance: :banana-dance:

20. dcheather

dcheather Administrator