1. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

2. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Cardiff finally avoided the Promotion playoffs, where it's a crapshoot and they came up snake eyes time and again. Gotta feel good for the life long supporters who have waited 51 years for this moment. On the negative side their fans don't have the greatest reputation (not Millwall bad, but not great) and that total prat Craig Bellamy is back in the Prem.

Hull is 6 points up with 3 matches to go so they are as good as up and Stockdale is as good as sold.

That leaves 1 spot. Watford is pretty well have their grip on one playoff spot, which leaves 3 openings for 5 teams. Brighton and Hove is the Cinderella story, wouldn't mind seeing Crystal Palace or Nottingham Forest either. Don't need to see Bolton, Watford, or Leciester City again.

3. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

Predicted Forest in the preseason if I recall correctly, so I'll stick with them. Cardiff have obviously clinched and Hull are all but a mathematical lock.

Reading between the lines on the Cardiff fan complaints, it sounds like a lot of it stems from their last visits to the Cottage in the 80's and 90's...back when hooliganism was rampant. Guess we'll see.

Maybe it's the Maryland in me, but I've always been partial to Watford's kits. So wouldn't mind if they come up. Plus I still have a favorable opinion of them courtesy of Jay DeMerit.

4. jumpkutz

Hull City promoted by virtue of their draw with Cardiff, whilst Watford lose at home to Leeds United.

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I look forward to Stockdale playing in the Prem next season. It must be a joy for him to have a manager who wants him.

6. SoCalJoe

This is one situation that hopefully gets resolved sooner rather than later. However, what happens if MJSF is a thing of the past and he gets shown the door or he walks on his own (AggieMatt's rumor to the Bundesliga)? A new manager will need to spend money in order to fortify various spots on the field besides goal, and hopefully Stockdale will be given a fresh look. Add to that the mugging Fulham did on Hull in the Jimmy Bullard sale, and they will surely try to low-ball for Stockers.

7. jumpkutz

8. SoCalJoe

Somewhere Jay DeMerit is smiling. Watford advanced to the Promotion final w/a 3-2 Agg. win over Leicester City. Insane ending as Leicester won a penalty in the 7th minute of stoppage time, but the ex-Arse GK Alumunia double saved the pk, then Watford took the ball straight down and scored.

Crystal Palace play at Brighton today after a 0-0 first leg, but w/a catastrophic injury to their 30 goal star Glenn Murray.

EDIT:
    Up the Palace!! They went down to Brighton and got 2 goals from the 20 year old kid Wilfried Zaha who is already signed for ManU next season.

Watford or Crystal Palace back in the show.

9. sullytex

sullytex Member

I guess I will pull for Watford for no other reason than I went to their grounds when I lived there. Took my bro in law and had a great show. I belive they went down 1 to Ipswich and came back and won with 2 goals in the second. We were sitting in the home section (their Hammersmith end). He got the full Monty. Bad refs, all goals in our end, with 2 solid goals. If I recall, Fulham were playing early and he got in late enough where we could not make it. Took his jet lagged ass straight to a pub (80 pound cab ride to Watford...we were tight on time) and it was game on from there. Some old man tried to sell him on QPR on the way back to Henley on the train. However, he is a City supporter...even before the Sheik came. No idea how that happend.

10. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Lived in Watford myself once upon a time. Plus, it will be a short distance to travel for the Fulham supporters.

11. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

beIN sports showing Palace v. Watford at 0900 Central.

Digkachoi starts for Palace and Briggs on the bench for Watford. Hard to pick a winner, but I'm defo rooting for Palace. I'm still too much of a Hatter to root for Watford.

Anybody else watching?

12. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

Almunia has been amazing.

13. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Well, Palace are up ... and will immediately be my choice for relegation.Their only great player leaves for Old Trafford in the morning. It'll be a kick to watch Holloway's guys playing next season, and maybe Dikgacoi might feature as well.

14. jumpkutz

Hit on Palace, missed on Nottingham Forest. It will be fun to see Ian Holloway back in the top flight. Always enjoyed watching Blackpool when they were up. Need some new blood, and with the retirement of Sir Alex, there's gonna be a lot.

15. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Palace! Palace! Palace! Glad all over...

May have to ge over there for a Fulham v. Palace match.

16. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

I dont know much about Palace, or if I did I forgot. Why is this good news?

17. SoCalJoe

Nev (and pretty sure ChicagoTom) also support Crystal Palace. Have to agree w/HD, that with their best player moving on to ManU that they will be entertaining, but will be a yo-yo team.

As far as Palace goes, I'll admit that the club has a pretty cool name, but when I hear it, I always think of that George Harrison song from the 70's, Crackerbox Palace

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8LgEaXoGI4