Presidential Race 2016

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by dcheather, Dec 10, 2015.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Dumbest, or biggest ass-kiss lead-intro question, of the week: Asking Hillary if she ever lied. You decide.
    Evil!? The essence of politics is 'Gaming the System'. That's what Poli-Sci courses are all about. Trump has grabbed the brass ring on that, so far. So 'Evil' ends up in the eye of the beholder.
    So, since Sanders is the most honest of all the candidates, does that mean we should be for him? Even if almost every one of his proposals are unworkable in the real world?
    A keystone question for the Bern should be what he thinks of the rape of his state's main asset by money grubbing wind power speculators. Don't hold your breath. Bernie probably would waffle on that one.
    Second in the 'honesty' category is John Kasich. Really a pragmatist. But see how that's working out for him?
    The bottom line is that Trump's actions as President are the most unknown of all the candidates. But he won't intentionally do 'Evil' any more than BHO did.
    It's hands-down for anyone actually looking at past who WILL skirt the edges of Evil by public pronouncement vs private actions. And it aint Trump, much as I dislike him.

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

1. "Yes, Bill; I forgive you."
    2. And exactly which Poli Sci course did you get that from? I'm asking because I had 30 hours undergrad and 60 post grad, and didn't get that bit of knowledge. Please note: I'm not disagreeing with you.
    3. Most honest politician = most gentle terrorist
    4. Is his state's main asset coal? oil? uranium? I'm asking because -- I don't know. As for wind power, he and his supporters could keep an entire wind farm whirling by themselves.
    5. Kasich would be a perfect GOP presidential candidate prior to 1980. The GOP is paying the price for 35 or so years of purposely dumbing down their constituency and pandering to racism, sexism, and nativism. If Kasich is still alive to lead what'll replace the GOP as the Democrat's major opposition after this election, we might actually have some sanity in the process.
    6. The biggest concern all of us should have about Trump's candidacy, is who he would choose as his running mate and, ultimately, who he'd put in his cabinet. He doesn't know how to do ... well ... pretty much anything.

3. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

nevzter likes this.
  4. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

SIGH.

Please let there be a sane 3rd party choice. Please!

encorespanish likes this.
  5. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

I don't think sane wins anymore. We (as a society) like boarish behavior in our entertainment (reality tv) & that seems to have seeped over into our politics more lately. Just a theory.

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

The GOP is reaping the whirlwind they've been sowing these past 35 years. Take these ingrediants:
    1. racial and ethnic intolerance
    2. non-stop anti-government rhetoric
    3. equating dissent with treason
    4. religious scapegoating
    5. berating the "mainstream media" as biased
    6. using pressure groups to kill off moderate Republicans
    7. complete lack of respect for the presidency over the last 7 years
    8. increased simplification of foreign policy accompanied with a demand for the military to solve everything
    9. seeking out and finding spokespersons who prefer bombast and bullying to discussing
    10. the absolute worship of the megawealthy

Mix thoroughly in the heat of television cameras over several months, and what you get is Donald Trump. The RNC, FoxNews, and the Congressional GOP got exactly what they wanted. Now, they don't like the way it looks on them, and they're in tears.

Chickens ... roost [fill in the blanks]

7. pettyfog

• racial and ethnic intolerance
    • non-stop anti-government rhetoric
    • equating dissent with treason
    • religious scapegoating
    • berating the "mainstream media" as biased
    • using pressure groups to kill off moderate Republicans
    • complete lack of respect for the presidency over the last 7 years
    • increased simplification of foreign policy accompanied with a demand for the military to solve everything
    • seeking out and finding spokespersons who prefer bombast and bullying to discussing
    • the absolute worship of the megawealthy

there it is, folks. Why I despair! Don is trotting out his true feelings at last. All the stereotypical Marcuse / Zinn bombast. {If you dont understand that reference, look Herbert Marcuse and Howard Zinn.}

Implemented by the Alinsky playbook.
    Politics 101 for simple minds. You guys aren't stupid. I assume you really dont need for me to rebut those poli-sci for dummies bleatings, one by one.

Let's put this way... if Progressives like Don wanted to actually nominate the GOP candidate to run against they could not have possibly done better. In his past actions and performance, Trump IS a Democrat.

I'm not apologizing for the RNC, they allowed themselves to be put in this pickle, by going along to get along. Think DC cocktail party governance. This was obvious when McCain ran as a 'Conservative'.
    Then when they ran Romney, a genuinely good man who Democrats HAD elected and had no good strategy to counter the obvious smaears and lies that Democrats would come up with.

Ask yourself who ARE these Trump supporters? The answer is they are the Anti-Occupy flyover simple working people who used to gravitate toward the Tea Party but found that electing those guys didnt work. They no longer care about actual issues, they want to vote for a guy who says what they think. they dont believe in issues anymore, they just know something is wrong. They HATE being referred to as Racists and Sexist. And quite a LOT of them are registered Democrats.

Put it this way... If Trump doesnt win the GOP nomination, Democrats win. If he does win it, they have the best possible candidate to run against. If he wins the election, they win. There simply will not be a January inauguration, because of the scenario now being put in place... to enforce a state of Martial Law.

I alluded to this before, if you actually read what I write. And the Progressive True believers then will say Democracy is broken, the people cannot govern themselves, we need an autocracy, by the educated and informed elite.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

If they hate being called racist and sexist, then perhaps they should stop being racist and sexist. Simple.

9. pettyfog

They {most Republicans and conservatives} aren't racist and they arent sexist... except in the eyes of those who prey on, and profit from, the shallow yearnings of special interest groups.

10. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

you really need to read what I wrote. I said that the GOP has been appealing to racists, sexists, nativists, no-nothings, government is the enemy types for over 30 years and Trump is the perfect result for that generation of effort. I didn't say Republicans or Conservatives are racist or sexist -- although a goodly percentage of those I kknow certainly are.

I know you have to trot out all that name dropping nonsense every time I upset you, but do so while actually reading what I wrote.

For those of you wondering how Marcuse and Zinn dropped by into Jim's brain, Jim lives in a world where liberals/progressives were once "normal people" from nice middle class families who, through no fault of their own, wound up in a liberal arts college. While there, they took classes featuring evil communist professors who successfully convinced them that everything right about America is wrong. They continue to be in thrall to these "educational elitists" which is why they're not real Americans. The idea here is that liberals/progressives can't judge or analyze what's happening; all they can do is parrot what their Commie professors beat into their head. This sort of stuff is designed to ignore the substance of what the guy says by saying that all he's doing is repeating things without thinking -- you know, like bringing up Howard Zinn [who I think is a revisionist asshole, if it really matters]. This allows right-wingers to ridicule educated people as elitist while simultaneously making themselves look just as educated and qualified.

So, that's enough of that. Back to the ongoing tragedy that is SW6.

11. pettyfog

I read you just fine Don, and I have for a long time, if you'll recall our initial private mails when I cajoled you to write for FUSA.
    -----
    I name drop those guys because their views permeate academia, and are passed on to the 'educated elite'. And Don knows that perfectly well. After all, those talking points are textbook Marcuse demonization.
    Remember long time ago when I mentioned that Obama, as a 'Community Organizer' taught Alinsky principles and Don said " I doubt he and Barack were exchanging notes."
    I let that go.. as I do so many of his non-sequiturs. I could have snarked back "Unlike the case of Hillary."
    Don is a master of this deception. He'll defer to credentials anytime he wishes to establish his own credentialed views. You don't learn about and understand people and human nature and foibles by studying them in a lecture hall, you only learn how to exploit them. You learn about them by working with them and i dont mean 'Social Work'.
    I wish Don would explain to us how opening our borders to low wage workers helps improve the plight of Americans. If he finds a way to make a case for the horrendous black male unemployment rate, aggravated by hard working hispanics "Doing the jobs Americans wont do," perhaps he will move on to H1B workers.
    Those are folks brought in to do IT jobs replacing higher paid Americans. right now. It's so successful that the next big thing is to bring in H1B accountants. Wonder if the public will consider that as threatening?
    -----------
    Speaking of 'Learned Credentials', anyone here notice that campuses are increasingly 'Illiberal'?
    Now, instead of exposing young minds to new and contrary views, the bloated administrations see their charter as 'Protecting Young Minds from Disturbing Viewpoints.'
    Just as Don tries to protect yours. Or maybe just his own bullshit worldview. Like a guy whose only good word for Dubya WAS that he learned Spanish. Yet we find out at THIS late date that he voted for him TWICE. Which twice?
    Bottom Line: Blaming the GOP for Trump's ridiculous personna {FAKE. btw} is ridiculous on any analysis. For reasons I recounted many times. The GOP darling is Marco Rubio. Not Ted Cruz and certainly not Donald Trump. Cue Don coming back to say they are reaping what they sowed. No, they are reaping the whirlwind of letting the DNC auxilliary press tell them who the masses will vote for.
    They bleat 'We must be MODERATE, we must negotiate.' Well, now you see what happens when you let Bigot Progressives call the shots. Sooner or later the bigots on the other side say 'enough' and come out in droves.

I dont really like getting personal but I am no longer going to just shrug and move on. I've done that far too many times in my life.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
  12. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

So, that's enough of that. Back to the ongoing tragedy that is SW6.

13. pettyfog

Yep, this really belongs on the Avalanche to Idiocracy thread.

Oh... wait! Golly, Jingoistic politics sure is complicated after a while.
    Megyn Kelly demonstrates why I quit listening to Hannity on the radio, long ago, and why it's Fox News bashers that are really shocked.
    Hannity claims to be a thinking 'Conservative' but never hesitated to kiss McCain's and Lindsey Graham's asses when they were guests.

http://americancolumn.com/2016/02/08/megyn-kelly-does-this-on-live-tv/

The only bad thing I have to say on this is she did it on the quick witted political dunce, Colbert's show.

14. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

And, yet, it won't matter to some voters no matter how it's spelled out to them that a wall is just plain stupid and Mexico will not pay for it--they will vote for Trump for telling it like it is.

Funny personal note. I worked as a Sys Admin for a Senator that didn't want a wall, so some fine citizens mailed bricks to him. Well, I have no idea what they spent in postage to mail the bricks to the office, but I do know the previous Sys Admin built a nice brick grill in their backyard for very little cost.

15. pettyfog

Hey, you are right, Trump is only succeeding with people who are sick and tired of being called racist, sexist and treated like stupid yokels.
    Compare and contrast to Sanders who rails against NAFTA, yet wants to legitimize illegal immigration for those who want to better themselves. AND raise the minimum wage to attract more of them AND give everyone free college and health care.
    What's that going to do for employment prospects of young black Americans, Bernie?
    Here's a 'Dog Whistle' for benefit of those who think Chris Matthews is relevant:
    "Doing the jobs Americans wont do."
    Talk about building a brick wall!

16. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

The problem is the left and right have built a base of supporters that won't see nuance or tolerate criticism of their position. It's all or nothing and it's causing a big headache for everyone. Is illegal immigration causing unemployment because they're getting low wages under the table? Probably. But building a brick wall isn't going to solve that problem and is going to cause other problems where there were none before. See the video of some of these problems.

17. pettyfog

Last post on this thread: March 25th.
    Says it all, pretty much. I used to be a cynical optimist. And when I was perusing the music thread, what was the blast from the past suggested by the site algorithm? This, from 7 years ago..
    http://www.fulhamusa.com/threads/the-political-hiatus-on-fusa.7558/

Talk about a hiatus! That was nothing to this.

The sad thing about the current situation is that the great unwashed masses have given up and EVERYONE seems to want a 'Strong President'.
    And PLEASE... let's stop talking about some hyperbolic 'Wall'... especially if you're not going to address the point I raised about Bernie's Solutions. The last guy to make the same promises as Bernie was Hugo Chavez. Do you know what's going on in Venezuela as we (Meaning the Mainstream Media) ignore it?

The best thing about Bernie is that he will do what he can to stay away from Crony capitalist influences.
    But so will Trump. Hillary? Well we know from long experience how she rolls; Pay to Play.

So who exactly is responsible for Trump? The Voter who feels like he is only counted on for a vote, then ignored. And who has lived life long enough to have developed his 'Bullshit Detector'; enough so that he shrugs away Trump's outrageous shots from the hip. Cuz HIS bullshit is really not that different from Hillary's or Bernie's... difference being Bernie actually BELIEVES his own bullshit. That makes him just as dangerous as Trump could ever be.
    [​IMG]
    How may poor life decisions can YOU count?

When Bernie does his thing, at least she wont have the debt, but imagine how many MORE Gender Studies Professionals we'll have...​
    Hell, at least she can make $15/hr... till the bar replaces half the wait staff with robots. And the other half with ex-cheerleaders and fitness trainers.

And the media who kisses the establishment's policy-making ass every time the media sees a 'wronged Minority'..example: tell me exactly how many Trans-sexists there are being humiliated by 'having to use urinals'.

David Brooks - who some, mainly Progressive NYT, call 'Conservative' - even admits he never paid any attention to people he would never see at a cocktail party.

So... what better than for Journo's to slam the disaffected... the same people they created by their issues advocacy. Like reporting, with a straight face, the Employment picture as '5% Unemployment'. When the guy on the street, not to mention the Journo who wrote it, KNOWS Trump's '20%' is more accurate.

And THEN there's 'Global Warming' mitigation... that's a whole different and much more egregious sin. I think I'll just focus on that. That fraud definitely cuts across party lines. Dubya was worried about it, ya know. ;)

My bottom line pronouncement on this race is that if Trump wins.. more like 'When'... there wont be an inauguration in Jan 2017. Because of riots in the streets and the declaration of Martial Law.
    Hell, I thought that might happen before I even thought Trump would run.
    Added: Go ahead Don... mention TinFoil hat. Remember Chicago 68, Chicago 16, Albuquerque, and now San Diego.
    http://legalinsurrection.com/2016/0...an-diego-p-d-for-preventing-trump-rally-riot/

In April 2009, I was STILL an optimist. I had hope before I saw the change. Now it's a race to oblivion... and then Idiocracy.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
  18. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

The "hyperbolic" wall is what got Trump the nomination, that and his so called "business" expertise Trump supporters praise him with. I don't care about Bernie because he's not going to be the nominee.

This country was colonized and created by political violence. It has continued off and on throughout, and we as a country have marched on. What's so different now that has you in such a bother?

19. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Thanks, Fog! I had completely forgotten that Chicago 68 resulted in rioting in Washington DC that deprived Nixon of his inauguration. Under that persuasion, it was only the ascension of the anointed one in 1980 that saved the galaxy from horrible leftism and sensible economic policies. God protect us all if Hugo Chavez AGAIN keeps us from the obvious incarnation of righteous rightism in January 2017.

20. pettyfog

Don, just WTF do you continue to insult my, and maybe all of our intelligence with your HS level analysis. You know f***king well what I meant!
    - to put a point on it, 'Talking Head' just pointed out that prior to the convention riots, Nixon had been trailing Humphrey by double digits. Guess what each attack on Trump Supporters does to his following.
    - I dont think there's any doubt, most of Trump Supporters agree with Bernie supporters on a key issue: The system is corrupt. Diffrerence is how they will react if their candidate loses. Anyone with a modicum of imagination doesnt think violence wont escalate. Trump supporters... we dont know yet.

Heather: Because THIS is different. We have three people still running who are all incompetent to govern the country. Sadly the most honest of the three would do the most damage.

* Hillary is indeed, the most competent, and that aint saying much. If she wins that means we will accept anything and anyone, no matter how deceitful and corrupt. For instance; voting for her based on 'women's issues' is a laugh. She doesnt really give a shit about women any more than she cares about the poor or income inequality.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2016