Premier League 2015/16

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by dcheather, Aug 16, 2015.

1. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

Salient points Matt. Looks like we picked the wrong week...err, decade to quit smoking...err, drinking...err, sniffing glue...err, to get relegated. Props to Dembele I. He's having a nice run at Tottenham. Don't recall whether I opined on the move or not, but it's worked out well for him, hasn't it?

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

As we both know very well, there is no limit to the amount of self-deception possible for English football supporters.

Over the last few months, I've watched every Sunderland and every Stoke City match. I have to tell you that Yedlin is earning his spurs -- no pun intended ... maybe. He'll never get a gig at WHL because they already have such amazing young speed at Fullback, but offensively and defensively he was as big a worry as Leicester City had for about 65 or 70 minutes. Two things caused that result: Dafoe had his worse match in about three months, and LC never NEVER NEVER gives up.

nevzter likes this.
  3. jumpkutz

Thinking about ordering a Jamie Vardy shirt. This could be historic.

nevzter likes this.
  4. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

1. Get in for Okazaki

5. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Can't imagine the FA punishing James Vardy an extra match following his stupidity yesterday, but Leicester City will have to win without him this week against Swansea, because Spurs looked great today in thrashing Stoke. Down to 5 points with 4 left. Hate to say it, but not sure if they have enough to get over the finish line.

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Although my lone visit to WHL was memorable -- both for the football and for the fact that some senior Spuds supporters were so tickled by the fact that four yanks would come all the way from Bedfordshire just to see their team and were vary gracious to us -- I've never really liked the North London Lilywhites.

I have, however, watched all but two or three Stoke City matches this season, and I have never seen ANYBODY reduce them to the shambles that Tottenham did today. This is a very talented, well drilled, and well coached side. Leicester had better have their feces assembled, because Spurs are a juggernaut.

Here's the thing, though. They have this and maybe next season to win the title. After that, economics will break the team up. Spurs are based on young, speedy, and highly-talented English talent. Kane, Alli, Rose, and Walker are all brilliant at what they do. Just based on talent, the wages they can demand and the transfer fees they can command on the market will be high. Add to that, however, the fact that they are all English, the wage demands will be too high for the club to pay and the transfer fees will be too attractive to ignore. If those four guys were Dutch, Belgian, American, or Ghanian, Spurs could dominate the league for a good decade. But English? Nah. This season and next season -- tops.

7. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

YESSSS!!!!! West Brom go into WHL and get a draw against Spurs. Leicester City up 7 with 3 matches to go. Spurs hit the post 3 times, but it was justice as their star youngster Alli lost his cool and punched a Baggie player in the midsection without the ref noticing when it was still 0-0 (should of been a straight red).

8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

This just in: God is a Stone Fox

encorespanish likes this.
  9. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

It is a shame that Vardy's ban was extended to cover their match against Man U on Saturday. I almost don't want them to win. I'd rather see Leicester clinch the title with Vardy on the field and in front of their fans on May 7 when they host Everton. This is already a fairy tale story, so asking for a perfect ending seems like a small thing at this point.

encorespanish likes this.
  10. jumpkutz

T'would be a shame if Vardy's not pitchward if they wrap it up at Old Trafford, but I'm hoping they do. Would be like the Marlins winning Game 4, 5, or 6 in Yankee Stadium...sort of. On the other hand, I'm sort of hoping they clinch it at home against Everton. That way, Chelscum would have to form the "guard of honor" at the dog track.... Yeah, I kinda like that mental picture.

MicahMan likes this.
  11. jumpkutz

Re: Upton Park finale. Didn't realize Parker was a 3X Hammer of the Year. Wish he'd have done more of this for us....