Player Transfer Gossip

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by Martin-in-Nashville, Mar 9, 2010.

1. jmh

jmh New Member

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

The BBC is saying that Roy will sign for Liverpool on Thursday. The club gave Liverpool permission to talk to him over a week ago. Guess I was wrong ... AGAIN.

I'm just glad we haven't had the "pick the Premier League table" contest yet. My Fulham prediction is going to take a big hit.

3. jmh

jmh New Member

Ugh. The BBC doesn't just make up rumors like some of the tabloids do; this is starting to have the ring of truth to it. :(

4. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

STILL.. doesnt mean he's going.

Imagine if Roy had turned them down flat without hearing their pitch!
    Not smart sport politics.

5. morry32

morry32 New Member

Mark and Murphy can jet for greener pastures at any time in my opinion. I know they were exhausted at the end of the season but neither of them impressed me late and both are on the downwards of their careers.

With or without Roy I'd like to see us turn a bit younger in the first 18 and not be afraid to do bold things. This club will never be the same without Roy and I'd like to see us break free and enjoy our football a bit more......

begin slamming me- I like disciplined play very much and I like winning but I don't want to see us play this same system until we are sent down grasping for the "good ole days".

6. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

7. Martin-in-Nashville

Martin-in-Nashville New Member

Birmingham City have put in a £6m bid to sign Fulham striker Bobby Zamora.
    Full story: Daily Mirror

OTHER GOSSIP
    Former Italy boss Marcello Lippi has emerged as an 11th-hour contender to take the Liverpool job - despite Fulham boss Hodgson being on the point of agreeing to take the Anfield hot seat.

Former Charlton and West Ham manager Alan Curbishley is set to edge out ex-England boss Sven-Goran Eriksson and one-time Manchester City manager Mark Hughes and take over from Liverpool-bound Hodgson at Fulham.
    Full story: Daily Mail

However, Eriksson, who was in charge of the Ivory Coast during the World Cup, is being tipped as the front runner to take the Craven Cottage post.
    Full story: Daily Telegraph

8. jmh

jmh New Member

I guess it's... nice?... that we're being linked with big names rather than guys we've never heard of?

9. morry32

morry32 New Member

seriously?

Chris Buchtmann was transferred to Cologne?

damn it I was hoping we were on the brink of signing more young talented players and giving them some playing time. Would like to know what we got in exchange.

10. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

If Cubishly signs, that'll be it for Murphy and Konch. They both played for him at Charlton and couldn't wait to get away from him. It appears that Mark is also gone, as he stated firmly that he'd stay at Fulham as long as Roy did.

SGE says that nobody at Fulham has talked to him. Of course, that's what Roy said about Liverpool this time last week.

Sky Sports reports that we told Birmingham City "forget it" in their bid for Zamora.

Dempsey in pink? I don't think so.

11. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

EJ still at FFC and planning to report to preseason training. Maybe he'll get another shot now that Woy is gone.

12. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Hmmm.. well, I'd take THAT with a grain of salt, RIGHT NOW. See below
    Exactly. And look at the comments he made after saying THAT.
    Phfffft! Was that Napoli thing released on PRNEWSWIRE? Or 'leaked to a drinking buddy at 'Napoli Etta Pizza' Weekly Shopper?
    Falls into Front Office Media relations:
    "Hey! Look at us. we do big time deals, too!"

13. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

The Napoli rumor has Fulham asking 14 million Euros for Dempsey. That's about 11.5 GBP, which seems a bit steep for the lad.

14. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Heck, 11.5 million pounds, Fulham should ask for 12 million pounds...somebody will bite. :D

All things considered, an attacking midfielder who notches double digits in goals in Europe and the Premier League should be valued highly - maybe not as high as 11.5, but somewhere north of 7 is legit.

15. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

If Dempsey was English, his transfer fee would be close to 20m

16. Martin-in-Nashville

Liverpool-bound Roy Hodgson wants to spend the £15m transfer budget he will be handed when he checks in as boss at Anfield on midfielder Gilberto Silva, defender Brede Hangeland, forward Rafael van der Vaart and midfielder Danny Murphy.

Fulham have rejected a £6m bid from Birmingham for striker Bobby Zamora, while Burnley striker Robbie Blake has joined Bolton on a free transfer.

Fulham have targeted West Ham striker Carlton Cole as a ready-made replacement for Zamora, who is set to follow manager Roy Hodgson out of Craven Cottage.

Alan Curbishley could be set for a players' revolt if he replaces Hodgson as Fulham manager as Danny Murphy, Paul Konchesky, John Pantsil and Zamora could demand moves from the Europa League finalists.
    Full story: Daily Star

Some of this British Tabloid crap really makes me laugh, how does anyone know there will be a players revolt if nobody knows who the next manager is until it's announced, O yeah it's the Daily Star reporting I should have known!!!

17. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

Ives is reporting that part of the agreement for Woy leaving for 'Pool was that he was not allowed to buy any Fulham players.

18. jmh

jmh New Member

This BBC article says the same thing:
    On the other hand, in this article on Sky:
    Which suggests that he isn't planning to do it but not that he's prohibited from doing so.

19. Martin-in-Nashville

Well he's not so whats your point?

and since he's NOT your never know will you!!!

20. morry32

morry32 New Member

I'd sell anyone who doesn't want to be here, including Over-the-hill Danny, Downward Spiral Aussie, Bobby for England Zamora, John victory lap Panstil, or Deuce. We still have some money tucked away and some good guys will stick around, we might not be in the Europa League but there is no reason to think we are back into relegation battles either, not yet.