Player Transfer Gossip

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by Martin-in-Nashville, Mar 9, 2010.

1. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

I don't think it'd hurt for Fulham to have a little attitude / chippiness in the squad at this point (Europa League finalists!) - that attitude is lacking against the clubs like Stoke/Blackburn/Wolves that always seem to beat Fulham, despite being clearly inferior.

Yeah, maybe Ireland is a dickhead, but I think ya'll discredit Roy's ability a lil' too much to think that he couldn't mold a fantastic talent - and that's what Ireland is - to fit into the squad.

...it's all moot anyway, b/c he won't be arriving in the SW6 except on away matches.

2. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

No way we sell Konch unless we're bringing in an upgrade (the other Riise?).

I wouldn't mind seeing us go in for Fletcher. I think he'd be a good replacement should Zamora leave and/or a good strike pairing with Bob if he stays.

3. Martin-in-Nashville

Martin-in-Nashville New Member

Dont make me laugh!!!

Fulham manager Roy Hodgson has emerged as a candidate to replace Jose Mourinho as boss of Inter Milan. The 62-year-old has twice managed the Italian side before, the most recent being as caretaker for a season 11 years ago.
    Full story: Daily Mirror

4. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

I dunno.. sort of worrisome. Not like it was in the Sun.
    OTOH, why jump in the pressure cooker and pull the lid over.

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

you DON'T follow the guy who just won the League, FA Cup, and Champions League, not if you're a problem solver who has a specific scheme he likes to use.

You DO, however, follow the guy who followed the successful guy when he falls on his face.

6. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Except, to hear Jose talk, they coach the same style. You still don't follow that act though.

Besides, I was under the impression Roy was all about the homecoming redemption (English club). No big club openings there unless you count Liverpool. They look more like Spurs, Villa and Everton these days though.

7. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

According to eveningtimes.co.uk Diomansy Kamara looks to be heading to PSG in Ligue 1. He's quoted as saying he has a 3 year deal contract in place without naming the club, but added playing for PSG "would be a dream come true". You knew he was being sold, but if this story is true Celtic won't be able to lowball and Fulham will get what they are asking for.

8. jmh

jmh New Member

That reminds me, yesterday evening after work I was out biking in Prospect Park and there was a guy running in a Senegal national team Diomansy Kamara shirt.

9. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Sky Sports News reports that Wayne Brown has agreed to a two-year contract with Bristol Rovers that will go into effect as soon as the physical can be completed.

Wayne looked to have had some real promise with our first-team squad, but he'll get more work at Rovers -- who seem to be quite the ambitious L1 club these days.

Good luck, Wayne; have the career that I think you can have!

10. Martin-in-Nashville

Martin-in-Nashville New Member

Aston Villa striker John Carew could be on his way to Serie A, with both Fiorentina and Sampdoria showing an interest. Villa could use the funds to splash out on Tottenham's Robbie Keane or Fulham's Bobby Zamora as a replacement for the Norwegian.

Arsenal are ready to turn to Fulham's Mark Schwarzer, 37, in a bid to solve their goalkeeping crisis.

11. Han-Solo

Han-Solo New Member

12. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

From Arsenal.com:

They source the Mirror on that link.

Had me nervous there for a minute.

13. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

A couple of things:

1. Mark has been on record since the post-game at Hamburg that he would stay with the club "as long as Roy was manager." I don't believe the Aussie speaks with forked tongue.

2. The "can't miss" German U-21 midfielder Buchtmann who we got from Liverpool and who got rave reviews for all his reserve outings, is evidently on his way to one of two German clubs. We barely had him for a half-season, and he was supposedly the class of our development program.

Good sigh followed by the other kind

14. jmh

jmh New Member

Robbie Keane would seem to be an odd choice to replace John Carew, since they're totally different types of players. Now, Zamora on the other hand... :(

Sky reports that Birmingham City made an offer for Konchesky. The article goes on to say that Roy wants to sign Shorey permanently. I think Konchesky looked really good after coming back from his mid-season injury, but overall they're awfully comparable to one another so if we could sell Konchesky for significantly more than it would cost to sign Shorey then it would seem to make sense.

15. ToviFromSantaBarbara

ToviFromSantaBarbara New Member

agree, jmh. I liked the limited time we saw Shorey, i think he would do a nice job for us, and probably still cheap enough where if we wanted to make a bigger upgrade there we still could.

16. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

I'll be honest, for all the miscues I've seen from Konch over the years I for sure would take him in the First XI over Bornstein right now if he were American

17. jmh

jmh New Member

Oh HELL yes. He's much better than any of the USMNT's left back options. Can we, like, trade Hahnemann for him, or something?

18. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

and to be honest, despite "all the miscues," he played his best football for us after he came back from injury this season. Plus, he was on the short list of England possibles had Cashley Cole's injury kept him from South Africa.

19. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

It's "official" -- after 5 months, the "classiest" guy in our youth setup is going back to Germany. I cut and pasted this from Friends of Fulham. The explication is Mr. Fulham's

Ta ta, Mr. Buchtmann. Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya :twisted:

20. jmh

jmh New Member

He's a spoiled muppet because he wanted a small apartment and not a ritzy hotel?