Player Transfer Gossip

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by Martin-in-Nashville, Mar 9, 2010.

1. jmh

jmh New Member

Seriously. Lying about a dead grandmother? (Oh, sorry, two dead grandmothers.) What is this, middle school?

2. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

If it were middle school it might be easily forgiven...but he's big boy now, so he should be past lame excuses. and that to me says he doesn't think much of his teammates or coach. Maybe he can he grow up at fulham...but I doubt it. I'll take hard working pros anyday over talented head-cases.

3. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

I heard the Friedel to Fulham rumor as well, and even though I will be sorry I asked, even though it was probably started by 2 journohacks 3 pints into a long lunch, has anyone seen the link?

4. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

5. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

He's Irish. Taking into account the derivable stunted maturity growth curve, he probably was on par with a middle-schooler at the time.

6. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Derivable stunted maturity growth curve? Hmm...I think I dated a few outliers on that curve at one point in time.

In other new, Fulham deny Schwarzer has put in a transfer request.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... rs&cc=5901

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

and out ONLY new signee -- Senderos -- ruptured an achilles yesterday and is likely out for the rest of 2011.

So that's a total of NOBODY in and our opening match is three days away.

8. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Ugh, Senderos has never and more than likely will never stay healthy. Sorry to the young man, very talented, but this is going to be a long road back.

9. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

Guess Baird will have to cover Hughes and Hangman for now. Wonder if Sparky will try to sign a CB now. Silvestre?

10. jmh

jmh New Member

One of the more persistent rumors I've seen of late links us with Benfica's center back Rafik Halliche, half of the pairing (with Rangers' Madjid Bougherra) that did such a solid job for Algeria at the World Cup this summer. You never know if there's any truth to these things, of course, but it would seem to make sense both in terms of our desire to bring in younger players (Halliche is only 23) at a reasonable cost, and in terms of Halliche not getting much of a chance at his current club (he's spent the last two seasons out on loan at Nacional).

11. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

ah, I did see that too jmh.

12. Martin-in-Nashville

Martin-in-Nashville New Member

Aston Villa are preparing to bring Arsenal goalkeeper Manuel Almunia to Villa Park as part of a triangle of moves, with Fulham keeper Mark Schwarzer joining Arsenal and Villa's Brad Friedel moving to Craven Cottage.
    Full story: Daily Mirror

New Fulham boss Mark Hughes wants Manchester City striker Roque Santa Cruz to spearhead his attack. The 28-year-old player fears he could miss out on Roberto Mancini's 25-man squad and would be keen to link up with the manager who originally brought him to England from Bayern Munich

13. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

I cant see that. We'd be getting the best keeper of the three.

14. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

^Agreed.

We made it through last year with Baird and Smalling backing up the middle, so with fewer fixtures, we could conceivably get by with just Baird. If not, anyone better than Smalling (presently, not potentially) would be an upgrade.

Depth at fullback and central mid and upgrading our strike options should be the bigger concerns.

15. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

MAYBE, maybe not. Mo, you know I love Brad much as the next Ahian and Crew fan but he is now on the downslope. That's why I was pretty sure that his saying he wanted to move to Fulham wasnt much more than a straw on MON's back.

If Brad does keep for fulham, I dont see it being more than a year.. just like Kasey.
    Crew fans are now doing a lot of bitching about Hesmer.. I think it's 'hive-mind' expecting to get Brad back in Columbus next year.
    I'm not exactly on that bandwagon

16. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

17. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Fog, Brad is NOT on the downslope. He was as good last season as I've ever seen him.

Everyone else, Brad has said that the transfer to Fulham stuff is pure nonsense.

18. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

19. stlouisbrad

stlouisbrad Well-Known Member

I'm really starting to wonder who will be the goalkeeper in a couple of weeks. This is not how I want to start the new season.

20. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

This is post #319 of this thread and Fulham have so far

1. Signed one player -- who is injured until at least January
    2. Lost one manager -- which had its own thread
    3. Signed one manager -- which also had its own thread

Not a lot for all the excitement we've tried to generate. Oh, and the season starts in two days.