PlameGate revisited: More bad news for Moonbats.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Aug 29, 2006.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

I left the Matchnight political forum largely on this issue.. I said it was a tempest in a teapot.

Now I COULD go back there and crow to the muddle headed libs that said Rove was behind 'outing' someone that everyone inside the beltway already KNEW was a CIA wonk.
    http://www.captainsquartersblog.com/mt/archives/007927.php

The tragedy here is that it was apparently known, LONG ago, by everyone on the inside that Armitage inadvertently leaked her name... on the premise that 'everyone knows'.. yet Fitzgerald went ahead with the investigation to see what casting wide nets would dredge up.

It caught Scooter Libby. On the odd premise that someone would 'LIE' when his own surrendered notes prove the opposite of what he said in his depositions.

I believe this carrying on the search was to provide a sop to the Democrats who still think that Clinton was impeached for 'Sex'.

He wasnt, of course, he was impeached for lying in testimony to Congress.

But to prove the efficacy of the 'Special Prosecutor', Libby will go to some sort of trial ... or plead to some lesser penalty.. and it will be sadi that the system works.

To me it proves the opposite. To me it proves that private life is much less likely to get your character assassinated and cost you money for needless legal fees to defend trumped up charges.

And yet... we all say we need better, more able, people in government.