PETER CECH AND CARLOI CUDICINI

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by ADAM4FULHAM, Oct 15, 2006.

1. ADAM4FULHAM

ADAM4FULHAM New Member

WHAT DUZ EVERY1 THINK ON THE CHELSEA GAME WHERE BOTH CHELSEA KEEPERS GOT KNOCKED OUT AND TERRY ENDED U IN GOAL,INFACT HAS ENY1 ACTUALLY SEEN IT? I DONT HTINK IT WOZ ON PRPOSE,EVER OF THEM.

2. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

The Reading v. Chelsea game was shown here in the States. I don't think I've ever seen two goalkeepers knocked out in the same game before. And I agree that both knockouts were most likely not on purpose--first knockout is debatable though.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I think the first knockout was the result of overexuberance on the part of the Reading player. I think a more experienced player would have pulled back, but I don't think there was an intention to harm.

I think Reading suffered because they didn't have Convey -- especially on their free and corner kicks. Hope he's back soon [but takes the day off to go golfing when we play them :D ].

4. rumstove

rumstove New Member

I didn't see the game, but watched the clips on youtube. I don't think either incidents were intentional, but the first one was maybe just a bit over-aggressive.

Cech underwent surgery for a depressed fracture of the skull. Cudicini was later discharged from the hospital.

I doubt Chelsea is looking forward to Barca on Wednesday now.

5. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

It was crazy to see Terry put on the mitts and get on the line. Certainly the oddest thing I have seen in the prem!