Outs and Ins, affirmed.

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by VonBilly, Jan 4, 2007.

1. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Article from BBC, http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 233307.stm
    confirming Boa is gone.

I for one will miss Boa Morte, he was a reason why I became a Fulham fan. I really don't want to see him in a West Ham uniform, but good luck to him. I hope you recover from your injuries and find your form again.

2. Martin-in-Nashville

Martin-in-Nashville New Member

[/quote]

I truly hope your right

3. martin

martin New Member

Bye-bye, Boa. Thanks for the memories. I agree it was time to cash in on him. He had become too inconsistent, almost invisible in some matches.

Now we really need the Dempsey work permit to go through. We are too thin at midfield to let Boa go without replacing him. Hopefully it will happen in time for me to snag a Dempsey shirt during the January sale!

4. fulhamvt

fulhamvt New Member

Is anyone concerned or happy that if this window closes with fulham signing 2 more USA internationals that I think fulham will have more US born players in the world outside an MLS team. I think its kind of cool if they succeed and I might go so far as to suggest this little board's popularity has Fulham thinking about how to market to americans, but I am curious what the general concensus is about all these US players donning a Fulham kit

5. BC

BC New Member

Admittedly, I'm biased because I'm a Yank but I think Cookie is being very smart. American players are just now starting to get international recognition and thus can be bought a for a bit less than a comparable European player. Given that Fulham doesn't have the resources of a Chelski or MU, getting good players for a decent price is a sound strategy. Plus, having two Yanks on the team already makes the transition for guys like Duece and Gooch easier.

6. psand22

psand22 Member

I agree BC. We've got to make the most of our limited resources and I think the US players are a good buy. Let's just hope they can find their niche in the Premier League....but I really don't care where the players come from, as long as they help us move up the standings.

7. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsA ... ester.aspx

8. VonBilly

VonBilly New Member

the 'John ' saga (cont)

yahoo sportsSun 07 Jan, 2:45 PM

Adrian Boothroyd urged Collins John to join Watford from Fulham following the Hornets' 4-1 win over Stockport in the FA Cup.Boothroyd's men came from behind in Saturday's third-round tie against the League Two side to move comfortably into the fourth round, with veteran defender Malky Mackay scoring twice, Tommy Smith once and debutant Moses Ashikodi netting his first goal in senior football following his move from Rangers last week.

But it is the transfer market which is occupying Boothroyd's attention the most, and he is desperate to land Dutch striker John after having a £3.25million bid accepted by Fulham.

"We have had a bid accepted," confirmed Boothroyd. "I admire Collins John very much. He is Watford's type of player - and my type of player - in many ways.

"He is young, hungry and exceptionally talented. We want him here and we want to take him to another level.

"It is a matter of persuading him to come."

9. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Re: the 'John ' saga (cont)

I'm afraid Boothroyd is misinterpreting what kind of player CJ is. Either that or "Watford type of player" is not a type I want around my team.

10. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

11. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

RE: Transfer Rumours

Good Stuff!

Way to keep on top of it, split-brain!*
    ;)

* For those who have one view on what''s right and proper in footy, but think politics and World View is somehow different!

12. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

RE: Transfer Rumours

Just saw on Sky Sports News that Niclas Jensen has left the Cottage for FC Copenhagen by "mutual consent."

Hands up all those of you who thought he was still in the squad!

13. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

On Hockey's Future, we have a small but passionate soccer board with an ongoing thread about the transfer window. Two Frenchmen alerted me to this.

Vikash Dhorasoo will go to Fulham, I think

If someone can read French and verify this, I'd appreciate it. From what I understand, he's a good versatile midfielder who has played for France's 2006 WC team. Unfortunately, he's a potential locker room cancer. He also has the unfortunate distinction of being the first French player fired from his team since 1973.

14. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

doesn't sound like Cookie's cuppa, Op. Hope it's just a rumor.

15. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

In our posts about the world cup and potential players for Fulham I brought up Dhoorasoo. It sticks out in my mind because he was the first Indian or player of Indian decent to play in the World Cup and because I thought an Indian guy with a French accent would make for a interesting combination.

As a player he was impressive. Pacy energenic winger who ran alot and seemed to work hard. But of course a World Cup preformance isn't always a good representaion of how a player plays on a regualr basis. Could be a good replacment from Boa Morte. As far as charcter is concerned we'll have to trust CC. If he's truely a handful hopfully CC will be able to see through it and avoid him, but hey sometimes you have to take risks and maybe the guys unjustly gotten a bad rap.

16. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

From freetranslation.com:

So...It sounds like Dhorasoo was or is in advanced negotiations, even travelling to London to finalize a contract, with Fulham. And is/was rumored to be going to several different teams.

17. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Took me a second to remember this guy. I remember being incredibly impressed by him in the WC, even echoing Spencer's idea of getting him to the Cottage. Good pace and a pretty good kicker of a dead ball.

I'm intrigued. Very active trading period were having, and it appears that the Boa money is being well spent.

18. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I think Dhorasso is class. I am not too thrilled about the fact that he is 33, but having seen him play a number of times, I have always been impressed with him. I would rather have Dhorasso than Smertin.

19. VonBilly

VonBilly New Member

Fulham and Everton battle for Etherington

Matt Scott
    Thursday January 25, 2007
    The Guardian

Fulham and Everton are competing for Matthew Etherington who, though one of the key players in last season's successes, has been supplanted in West Ham's first team by Luis Boa Morte's arrival from Fulham. There have followed disagreements with the manager, Alan Curbishley, leading to him being deemed surplus to requirements at Upton Park.
    Etherington has become Fulham's principal transfer target after thay lost interest in Charlton's former Arsenal trainee, Jerome Thomas. Everton see the wide player as a possible replacement for Simon Davies, who himself yesterday moved to Craven Cottage. West Ham would also be open to what sources describe as "serious offers" for several men, among them the England internationals Paul Konchesky and Robert Green. Both have also had arguments with their manager.

Article

20. VonBilly

VonBilly New Member

CUDICINI TO THE COTTAGE

25 January 2007
    COLEMAN IS OUT TO CARRY CUDICINI TO THE COTTAGE
    By John Cross

FULHAM manager Chris Coleman has made a dramatic move for Chelsea keeper Carlo Cudicini.

Coleman wants to sign Chelsea's second choice stopper on loan for the rest of the season after losing Antti Niemi to a freak neck injury.

Cudicini, 33, has recovered from his own horror injury at Reading earlier this season, but has not played since November because of a muscle problem in his leg.

The Italian is now nearly back to full fitness and wants games - but his path is once again blocked by fitagain first choice Petr Cech.

That has alerted Coleman, desperate to strengthen his squad and who has again called on his "special relationship" with Blues boss Jose Mourinho.

The pair have become great friends with the Fulham boss doing some of his coaching licence work at Chelsea.

Fulham took Chelsea's Wayne Bridge on loan last season and now Coleman has gone back for Cudicini.

He was regarded as one of the best keepers in the Premiership until Cech's arrival and Fulham hope that the lure of regular action and staying in west London may tempt him into a temporary move.

It has been a dramatic season for Cudicini who, along with Cech, was poleaxed at the Madejski Stadium.

But Cudicini now wants to return and with on-loan Jan Lastuvka from Shakhtar Donetsk failing to convince, Coleman wants proven quality to keep Fulham's season alive.

(also reported on Sky Sports news, aka 10.00am thursday 25th)