OSU -- That School up North

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by SteveM19, Nov 20, 2008.

1. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Michigan, do you want Rich Rodriguez to lead your raggedy-assed side into the Shoe this weekend, or do you just want to concede the game now and spare yourselves the embarrassment? Thanks for hiring him! And to think I missed Lloyd Carr when the year started :D

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Ah, OSU-Michigan. Oh for the days when this used to be the ONLY Big10 game of any significance, when the Big10 was the template for the SPL -- two very good sides and everyone else just there to make up the numbers.

I've enjoyed the fact that, this season, Minnesota and NORTHWESTERN have actually been rated above the Spartans, but mostly I've enjoyed the fact that the OSU whose schedule has produced memorable games with top-10 implications this season, is OKLAHOMA State.

Someday, if all is well, the annual OSU-Michigan game will be right up there with rivalries like Harvard-Yale or Amherst and Williams.

3. richardhkirkando

richardhkirkando New Member

Michigan has the better obnoxious fight song, so I'll root for them. Or maybe I should root against them, so we don't have to hear it?

That reminds me...

Way back when I was more interested in American football, I remember a game when Michigan was playing Colorado. There were only a few seconds left, Michigan led by a few points, and the band would not stop playing that damn song for anything. Then Kordell Stewart threw a 35345645 yard touchdown pass. FINALLY the band shut up.

Then the next year Kordell Stewart played in the Super Bowl for the Steelers. I really wanted Dallas to lose, so I started whistling the Michigan theme song during the game (much to the annoyance of the people around me), hoping to inspire Slash and the gang to victory. It didn't work, sadly.

OK, proceed with on-topic discussion.

4. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

I fixed your post. Looks like Don will not be attending the festivities on Saturday morning.

Also, I am more in line with the fact that I can't watch an entire NFL game because of constant commercials, but it's more about the event right now than the game, especially on a weekend like this.

That also goes for Army Navy weekend, hopefully the Army will actually win this year...

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

dang, I was looking forward to the chili too. Enjoy your day out.

6. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

I might watch the game. Only thing exciting about this game is OSU's QB.

And the W/L..

Go bucks

7. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

Big Ten football... Yawwwwn.

More importantly the Ball State Cardinals are now 11-0. The fiercest robin sized bird in all the world. Chirp, Chirp... It's Bird Time.

8. richardhkirkando

richardhkirkando New Member

The BCS is screwing you over!

9. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Congrats ToM on your boys and their magical carpet ride. Sadly, between the schedule (too many directional schools i.e. western kentucky, eastern michigan, etc..) and Utah and Boise State ahead of them the likelihood of a "Big" bowl seems remote (finger-crossed, there are games still to be played, you could sneak in).

To Ohio State fans, enjoy the next season or two because Michigan will be back. Rodriguez is a proven winner (not just at West Virginia, he went undefeated at Tulane). His downfall was implementing an offense without the players (especially at quarterback, losing the kid to the Buckeyes was a kick in the teeth). The rest of the recruiting under Carr was in shambles and the cupboard was bare. It might take one more painful season, but the maze and blue will challenge in the Big Ten by 2010.

How times have change. Nobody outside the UM/OSU community could care less about the game, while all college football fans can't wait to see Texas Tech play this Sat.

10. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Forty two to seven!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

The best thing about the game was seeing the quit in Meechegan's eyes. Their body language looked terrible. They QUIT!!! QUIT!!!! Thank for your inspired leadership Rich!! Hope to see you again next year!!

Frankly, I never thought I would see the day when Meechegan quit on the field. Shows what I know.

I disagree that the M school will be back. The economy in MI... enough said, that's no laughing matter, but they are hit in the wallet to a degree will that will hurt recruiting, says I.

And on a day the Ws take a point out of Anfield. Rarely have I been so happy after a draw.

11. jmh

jmh New Member

RE: Re: OSU -- That School up North

Serves Rodriguez right for running out on WVU.

12. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

RE: Re: OSU -- That School up North

There's more wrong with MI than Rich Rodriguez. Like someone else said Carr's recruiting sucked at the end.
    He just isnt helping matters much. I'd say he's the 'John Cooper' of Michigan.
    He may and could be a winner but the Big Ten aint the conference for him.

He'll have some 'conversations' shortly and if he doesnt have the right answers, he's gone. Big Ten NEEDS a strong Michigan.

On the opposite tack, somehow I get a vicarious thrill every time Notre Dame gets beat. {EXCEPT the USC game, then I'm a temp ND fan.} There's no logic to it.. to me it's exactly like seeing Chelsea or ManU walloped. Or maybe it's Regis Philbin transferrance.

You know what.. I'm really beginning to like watching Cincinnati play. Right now it's Bearcats 14-7 Pitt with 12:40 in the 3rd. ooops TD Bearcats right as I typed that.. great 40 yard pass.
    heh... they are class.