Oscars

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by HatterDon, Feb 25, 2013.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

So, who watched?

Who knew who Seth McFarlane was BEFORE the show?

Who else was pissed off because he didn't even get nominated?

2. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

I watched some of it.

I knew who he was.

Argo winning was a make up award for Gigli, right?

3. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

I cant remember the last time I watched the Oscars, I'll leave it at that.

4. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

Only reason I watch was for the opening with Seth McFarland, other then that didn't really care about watching it.

Bit of Seth McFarland trivia, he was supposed to be on AA Flight 11 from Boston on Sept 11th. He was given the wrong departure time. I believe Steve Martin was supposed to be on the same flight but changed the nigth before.

5. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

My wife, her sister in-laws, and girlfriends have been having an Oscars party for years now (it was our turn to host), good excuse for the boys to have a beer or two and bbq. I actually won $50 in the pool by pulling Argo out of a hat for Best Picture. I knew who Seth was, but don't think I could have picked him out of a lineup until last night. Thought his opening was pretty funny. Big Bond fan and seeing Shirley Bassey sing Goldfinger was a highlight. Adele was excellent as well, just hoped that they could have convinced the 6 actors that have played Bond to show up.

6. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

I watched some, went to bed early not feeling that great. Tried to gut it out for the 50 years of James Bond tribute, but didn't make it. DVR'ed it, will prolly watch tonight if college hoops don't get in the way. Watched a few highlights online this afternoon. Confirmed what I already knew...Adele can sing!
    Fashions? Eh. I wore Majestic (STL Cardinals fleece) and Levi Strauss (550's). Homegirl Jennifer Lawrence looked slightly agitated for most of the evening but still represented The Ville well. Hope she can keep it together for a long time, the sky's the limit for her. Saw her movie this weekend and thought it was above average.