Open Training Day at Motspur Park from late March

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by AggieMatt, Apr 21, 2014.

1. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

This was posted over at Viva El Fulham and I thought it was a very interesting read. It's rather long, so I'll post the link to the full piece at the bottom. However this part caught my eye. As I may have said a few times, set pieces are a pet peeve of mine. I don't think we've been good at taking them historically, and this year we've been dire in defending them. As with many grounds, the corners at Craven Cottage are somewhat unique and as a result should be an advantage for the home side. For many years, I've told Don that I think the corners at the training ground should be an exact replica of those at the Cottage. We even inquired about this at one point and were told they weren't. Perhaps my mind is a little too detail oriented, but to me, this is the height of stupidity and would be so easy to rectify. Glad to see I'm not alone.

[​IMG]

Here's the link to the full piece which includes a lot of pictures. Thanks to Mike for posting it. http://www.vivaelfulham.co.uk/articles/the-more-i-practice-the-luckier-i-get-7-402.html

2. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting Matt, hadn't thought of that and having exact replicas is just common sense.