Olympic Qualifying

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by SoCalJoe, Mar 9, 2020.

1. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

2. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

One can only hope that the other teams in CONCACAF have the same issues in securing players for the qualification tournament.

encorespanish, SoCalJoe and HatterDon like this.
  3. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I care about Olympic soccer. Who won the gold medal last time?

4. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

I remember Mexico winning in London, and that was a huge deal here. I understand for the Men it’s a U23 tourney. Maybe a reason for your apathy James is the fact the US hasn’t played in over a decade. It’s vital that the incoming players to stop the failures, it doesn’t compare to not qualifying for the WC, but this is a habit that must be broken.

As far as the Women, it’s the full senior sides, and the 2nd most important tournament the ladies play. The US didn’t medal, and will be extremely motivated.