Offical - Coleman sacked, Lawrie Sanchez in for five games

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by ormondroyd, Apr 10, 2007.

1. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Offical - Coleman sacked, Lawrie San

ok...can you give me an explanation?

2. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Offical - Coleman sacked, Lawrie

I recall feeling at the time of Leggy's departure that Coleman had treated him very poorly. If memory serves correct he was realased right before the start of the season with little explanation, leaving him in a very hard situation as far as catching on to another club is concerned. Sylvan was always a quality player who gave all, I wish he was still with the club. I don't see how Davies who plays the same position and role is an upgrade over him.

So it may be sour grapes but justifyed sour grapes.

3. Jacob

Jacob New Member

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Offical - Coleman sacked, Lawrie

You know if Lawrie finds some wins and stays on I wonder if he would go for David Healy in the summer. Lawrie has found some way to motivate him and at Leeds he has been benched and is marked "inconsistent". On the international level he isn't.....Just a thought.

4. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Offical - Coleman sacked, Lawrie San

The story's I was told while Leggy was still a Fulham player correspond exactly to what Leggy has told the media.

Even In certain Fulham circles, it was common knowledge that Sylvain was 'childishly' frozen out of training, matches, etc.

5. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Got back in town yesterday turn on Sky Sports and see Sanchez in a FFC sweatshirt. My reaction...not shocked at all (and I've always liked Cookie). While I didn't think he lost the locker room (only judging that by effort on the field), the team looked like they were plain lost.

One of the first things that came to mind was a comment made a few years ago by Bobby McMahon on FSC. He said statistically speaking a new manager raises the results of a team in the short term astronomically (don't remember the exact %'s he said).

Hopefully now the fans will focus at the real job at hand (listening to the games it seemed as though a portion of the crowd was ready to bust out the anti-Coleman chants instead of getting behind the team). Now that the Coleman cloud has been lifted let's see everyone on the same page.

6. finlaystreet

finlaystreet New Member

I must say I wasn't surprised by Chris Colemans's departure, only the timing of it.
    Like many, I believe it should have either been done sooner or at the end of the season. One of the things I particularly admired about him was his honesty - he could put his hands up and say we were beaten fair and square, something most other managers seem unable to do ( step forward Wenger, Ferguson...).
    He was a loyal servant to the club - I'm sure he won't be out of work for long, and that all Fulham fans wish him well for the future.
    All that remains is for everyone to get behing Lawrie Sanchez as we have a real battle ahead. I can't see us returning to the top flight any time soon if we are relegated, and we have to try to get a proven manager of some renown to take the job should things not work out for him.

7. fulham_local_21

fulham_local_21 New Member

RE: Re: RE: Offical - Coleman sacked, Lawrie Sanchez in for

im going to miss him. :( .

I Admired im As A Player And A Manager.

Best Of Luck For Cookie.

COYW!!!!!