October Matches - What Are Your Expectations?

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by ChicagoTom, Sep 25, 2006.

1. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

With four winnable matches in October at Watford, at home against Charlton, at Aston Villa and at home against Wigan, what are your predictions and thoughts on how many points Fulham will get from these four matches?

I feel we need at least two wins, or six points from these four matches. Anything less would leave us in a tough spot as these four teams, well maybe not Villa, are going to be direct competitors of Fulham in the bottom half of the table.

This month of October is the biggest of the season I feel.

2. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

considering our injury situation, I think 7-8 points would be very good. Aston Villa will be very tough because of their form, and the fact that it's at Villa Park. I'm going to go on a limb and say we'll draw with Watford, win against Charlton and Wigan, and lose to Aston Villa. Hopefully we win them all though.

3. WonsanUnited

WonsanUnited New Member

At least a tie against Watford. Win both home games. And I think Fulham might just lose to Aston Villa, or maybe a tie.

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Two wins; one draw; 1 loss -- 7 points from four works for me. I like us against Charlton and Wigan, but Vicarage Road is a serious pain in the butt to play in. I think we can keep the Dirty Yellows down, but they're tough to score against. Need to stretch their back line -- Routledge is the man here -- and watch out for Marlon King. If he had half as much luck as most Premmie strikers, he'd have a half dozen goals by now.

COYW!!!

5. rumstove

rumstove New Member

Watford: loss, maybe a draw
    Charlton: draw
    Villa: loss
    Wigan: win

Four, maybe five points. I hope I'm wrong and Fulham can get a few more.

6. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Watford D
    Charlton W
    Villa L
    Wigan W

In normal circumstances, I would have put down Villa as a possible Win, even with their current roster and manager.
    But how much attention do the players and coaches pay to other clubs' fortunes and attitudes?
    - Isnt it probable that Fulham goes into there thinking Villa is riding a series of luck

7. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Watford W
    Charlton W
    Villa D
    Wigan W

10 points and back in contention!

8. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

Villa could be a problem. It will come down to how well the "new" team is working together. Watford/Wigan I would be shocked if were anything less than wins. Charlton should be a win as well.

9. BC

BC New Member

Watford will be tough at home. I watched a recent match and they attacked like crazy. I think we'll endure it but with our lack of finishing, it will be a nil-nil draw.

I think we can beat Charlton and Wigan. Villa will be tough; I'm not sure we'll win.

So, 7 points is my prediction.