NYC: Fulham v. Pompey - Nevada Smith's, Tape Delay, 12PM

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by sublicon, May 4, 2008.

1. terrinh73

terrinh73 Member

(Not meant as a hijack...don't know where else to post! I'll be with you in pub-spirit Down South on Sunday!!)

Hey- I know it is "off season"...but would you guys want to get together for a Euro Cup match? I will be in NYC the third week of June. Would love to meet you guys for beer and footie...even if it isn't Fulham :D!

-Terri in ATL

2. sublicon

sublicon New Member

Re: Food?

Yes, you can bring food. Absolutely. It's going to crowded as hell though with the Chelsea and Man U matches going on simultaneously, though. So keep that in mind. Might want to just have a beer in your hand and nothing more.

3. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

Fulham at 10 AM? Live? I'LL BE THERE!! I'll join you guys as one of the 5 Fulham fans there in what will likely be a sea of red and blue.

4. RDG

RDG Member

NYC: Fulham v. Pompey - Nevada Smith's, LIVE!!!! 10am

Ya know, speaking of passionate, I thought of posting the St. Crispin's Day speech. However, upon re-reading it, I realize that it is a tad long, so here is a link: http://www.chronique.com/Library/Knights/crispen.htm

I figured this was a better speech than those from "Animal House" or "Network".

Terri -- a get-together will help jmh get over his separation anxieties during the off-season, so I think we'd be up for it.

5. fatius

fatius New Member

Can't wait! It's live! I'll be there!

6. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

Terri, would love to see you again. Keep in touch about when you'll be in town and we'll definitely all figure something out.

P.S. TOTALLY psyched that the game is live. Mike and I will both be there and possibly with girlfriends tagging along, like last week...

7. jmh

jmh New Member

Re: NYC: Fulham v. Pompey - Nevada Smith's, LIVE!!!! 10am

Excellent. The St. Crispin's Day speech is some inspiring stuff.

Makes me want to burst out into cheering just reading it.

Geoff is right about the place being packed with ManUre and Scum fans, but that'll be tempered a bit by one of those groups presumably being downstairs. Neither of them is playing someone who draws fans to Nevada's I don't think, so probably upstairs will be mainly us and the other of those two.

I'd love to meet up for a match while Terri is up here in June, but I'm out of town two consecutive weekends for a bachelor party and then a wedding so it'd be contingent on the timing working out unfortunately.

I drank too much tonight (well, OK, this afternoon into tonight) but I'm home early enough. I'll be there bright and early. COME ON YOU WHITES!

8. sublicon

sublicon New Member

RE: Re: NYC: Fulham v. Pompey - Nevada Smith

Whew, what a gathering. Too bad our joy was sort of drowned out by the Man United fans, but it was an amazingly joyous day. I could've cried, honestly. Who knew?

Folks, I was telling some people we need to get official next season. Get on the website, get a shirt and a pair of boots framed on the wall, and get a more solid network of people out to games.

A lot of people don't realize a group like us exists. Their at home munching prawns on their couch, and they should be at Nevada's munching on meat pies instead. More to come, I guess . . anyone who hasn't made themselves known, please do and please keep visiting these boards.

9. RDG

RDG Member

RE: Re: NYC: Fulham v. Pompey - Nevada Smith

Sorry I had to leave early, but there was no air, and too many MU fans actually stuck around.

Yeah, if we could get a jersey and boots (signed by McBride? -- hint, hint AmericanMike! How 'bout a FUSA t-shirt??) we would solidify our place at Nevada's. I certainly would be willing to chip in.

Good day all around, even though I would have liked to actually talk to people (too noisy). Ah, well, at least I can see you in the Prem next year, if not beforehand!!!!

10. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

It was wall-to-wall people, I probably gave 30 people my cold (sorry everyone around me!), but it was so worth it! WE'RE STAYING UP! Maybe going while a bit sick was a bad idea; maybe trying to chant over the MUFC fandom was a bad idea(who kept going on an hour after the Cup was awarded). Maybe it was a morning of bad ideas. But I am quite happy to come and quite happy to have saw the game in a sweat box/mostly sausage party. And so I wear this FFC jersey with pride.

WE ARE SEVENTEENTH AND NEXT YEAR WE WILL BE SOLID MID-TABLE. WE ARE STILL HERE!

11. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

As you may have heard by now, they stopped letting Fulham fans in. I was there at 5 to 10 and they wouldn't let me in. A few of us wandered around for awhile, but we never made it in anywhere. I'm deliriously happy at the result and gutted that I didn't get to see it. Hope you all had fun, despite the crush of ManUre fans.

12. sublicon

sublicon New Member

They stopped letting anyone in, really. I got there and they sent 10 people downstairs, including me. I snuck up the back stairs with Jon.

Note to self for next last day of Premiership season: ARRIVE EARLY!!

Sorry, Nick. :(