NOOOOOO! Brian NO!

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by SCFulhamFan, May 28, 2008.

1. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsA ... parts.aspx

:3d crying: :3d crying: :3d crying:

[/quote]

2. dtwondough

dtwondough New Member

i think i just cried a bit. what a class act and will be missed as much off the pitch as on i bet.

3. BarryP

BarryP New Member

Even though I half expected this I am saddened to see his departure from the club. I am glad to have been able to see his final games in a Fulham kit and wish him nothing but the best on his return to the states. Brian has been and will remain a true class act and the kind of role model I hope my kids find to look up to as they grow up.

Now, lets hope he dons the US jersey for the Olympics this summer!

4. LOBO

LOBO New Member

Can't say it was unexpected, but this is still saddening news. Best of luck to Brian.

5. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

oh boy...thank you, mcgod.

6. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

I'm glad to see him leave. He was only good for 50 minutes a game, if that. Time to go and thanks for the service.

7. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

I knew it was coming but still, I have NEVER been so sad to see a player leave a team, regardless of sport. It has nothing to do with him being American and everything to do with what he has done for Fulham FC.

THANK YOU BRIAN.

8. Jensers

Jensers New Member

He is a true workhorse. He fights for balls and never complains. A class act and a true captain. I was looking forward to picking up the new jersey with his name - I figured it would be his last, and now I have missed it! A fond farewell to a great character.

9. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

:3d crying:

Thanks for everything Ironhead and you will be sorely missed.

10. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Can someone proclaim May 28th an official day of mourning at FulhamUSA

11. BarryP

BarryP New Member

I think you just did Mo. :(

12. Jensers

Jensers New Member

It does state that he is headed back to America. I just hope it is to Seattle!

13. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

he's the reason I started following the club. although sad that he'll be leaving, what a way to go. come back from a serious injury and play a crucial part in keeping us up. a club legend in my eyes. what do our british counterparts that visit this site think of Big Mac?

14. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

What a great way to go out...the perserverance to come back from a devasting injury, the great play at Reading, the game winner vs Brum, and the final act when the captain tackled Danny after the score.

Can't wait until he makes his first appearance at the Home Depot Center. I'll second Barry's motion on him donning the US colors in China.

15. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Well, this turned out even better than I would have thought. For a long time, I thought that his last moment in the colors would have been his goal against 'boro. But he came back strong. Now his everlasting moment for me will be when he sacked Danny Murphy after his goal against Pompey.

Had we been relegated, I think he would have stayed a year to try and keep us up, but once we were safe, I figured he'd be going. Evidently, there must have been a chance or he would have announced as soon as the season was over.

I don't care really where he goes next and what he does. He got me to Fulham, and in my mind and heart he'll always be kissing his wedding ring and crossing himself in the Black and White.

Thanks, Macca!

16. Bradical

Bradical Member

Thank you Legend.

17. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

you were right chitom.

adieu mon amour.

18. krhimself

krhimself New Member

Just wrote this bit up in another forum:

Gutted by that news, but then again, it was no secret that he wanted a triumphant return to the States.

He was truly a leader on the club, the man who led the charge, the man who went up for every challenge, left his heart out on the pitch each and every single time he took to the pitch, and had only one thing on his mind throughout -- helping Fulham however he could.

The man provided plenty of grit, toughness, selflessness, and of course, a fair share of goals to Fulham. Even though he was never the most athletic player on the squad, nobody could question his effort, his heart, and his dogged competitiveness. No matter what team he faced, no matter which defenders he was matched up against -- he was always, always determined to take him on without any fear.

He may have only been a captain for one season, and ended missed huge chunks of it due to injury -- but if there was ever a perfect leader for the club, a man who could set things right when the team ever went wayward, it was Brian McBride. It was fitting, then, that the final contribution he made to the club was the most important: doing his part, his big part, to ensure that the Cottagers would live to see another year in the Premier League.

He will always be a Fulham legend in my book.

Thank you for setting us back on the path once again.

19. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

Thank you Brian.

Thank you for showing the world that a MLS player can make a difference for a team in the EPL.

Thank you for being the hardworking, tenacious, and hard-ass forward that you are.

Thank you for representing the Whites up top and with the armband.

You cannot be properly replaced. Thank you Brian.

20. jmh

jmh New Member

Wow, the black site load page might be a little much though. It's not like he died. :shock: