nice LONG Sunday Times article on McBride

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by pettyfog, Mar 18, 2006.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

The Sunday Times March 19, 2006

Up for the fight
    -read the rest, much more

2. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Good report on McBride and Fulham.

Aside from McBride's obvious ability to overcome obstacles, the article raised my eyebrow regarding Cookie. What I am sure many of the players appreciate, Cookies ability to relate to them on a friendly level, I see as a weakness. Players must respect, and perhaps sometimes fear, their coach. Cookie is too much one of the boys, and Fulham doesn't need another wannabe soccer star. Fulham needs a coach, a good and respected coach.

3. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

I dont think that's exactly a revelation... has been a complaint, or at least a comment point, on the offal, for years...

That's why CC needs a stint at the helm of a team he's had nothing to do with. He'll probably be a very good manager once he shakes off the stink of a too-close relationship to his team.

That's ALSO why conjecture on McBride being captain now, and possible coaching role for him in the future, is laughable. Taking ALL of his history into account, I see neither for him. He will either get out of the soccer trade, altogether... or go into the business side of it.