Newbie from Baltimore

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by FFCBaltimore, May 30, 2007.

1. FFCBaltimore

FFCBaltimore New Member

Greetings:

I play on an amateur men's team, and a transplant British teammate got me watching Fulham matches about a year ago. Went to the Cottage over the thanksgiving holiday and though we lost to Reading, that cinched it. The yanks on the team, plus the historic atmosphere of the cottage secured Fulham as my EPL team. I also support AEK Athens and Asteras Tripolis in the Greek Super Leage and Benfica in the Portuguese League.

I clicked on the wrong avatar and now can't seem to change it. Oh well...

Cheers,
    Mike

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Welcome Mike!! It is nice to have another Fulham supporter on board!! Sounds like you had a great experience at the Cottage last November.

How did you find FulhamUSA?

3. FFCBaltimore

FFCBaltimore New Member

Thanks Tom. I found the site while trolling the web for Fulham transfer news/rumors.

How do I change my avatar? I keep changing it in the "my account" page but when I post it still puts up the old one.

4. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

Welcome Mike!

5. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Hi Mike,
    My first match at Craven Cottage was a loss (2-4 against L'pool) but it also clinched my lifelong support. The Cottage is something else and we plan on arranging atleast one trip over when the schedule comes out.

Glad you found us. COYW's

6. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

RE: Re: Newbie from Baltimore

Greetings Mike.

I'm a newly found forum member as well. I've been following Fulham for about two years and really started to get pulled in about midway through this past season.

Any stories you would care to share about your experiences in London and Craven Cottage? The reason I ask is that I am studying abroad in London this fall and want to see and do as much as I can with my time there.

Cheers

7. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

To fix your avatar, find a post by this oddfellow who goes by the name "pettyfog". Keep instant messaging him until he helps you, and until he figures a way to streamline the process.

And, WELCOME!

8. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

I dont do code, Mikey does code.

If you changed it in 'my account', try clicking on 'profile' above..scroll down to "avatar', then click the box that says 'from Postnuke'

9. FFCBaltimore

FFCBaltimore New Member

FFCinPCB and AmericaMike: Cheers for helping me fix the avatar. Thanks everyone else for the welcome. L'Pool guy - have you gone to a match at the cottage yet? If not, you should. You walk through a really nice city park to get from the tube to the cottage, and most people brown bag it bc its about a twenty to thirty minute walk (and you can't buy beers during the match, only at half-time). The scale of the cottage is perfect. And the atmosphere (thanks to the fans) is unbeatable on the Hammersmith side. I hope you are in London long enough to catch a game (once the season starts up again).

10. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Baltimore is one of my fave cities back in the states. I was at Camden Yards the first season it opened...great stuff.

As for the code Petty, I don't do code (php) at all! Its all self taught.

11. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

Haven't been there yet, but hoping to see as many matches as I can at CC. I'm really excited and hoping to hangout with other FulhamUSA forum members before the matches as well. Let me know where the good pubs are at near the ground.

Cheers