New to Site

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by dave2d2, Dec 27, 2007.

1. dave2d2

dave2d2 New Member

Just wanted to say hello. New to the site but been following Fulham exclusively for a couple of years now. Big fan of EPL, can't stand Man U and Chelsea! Just found the site a few days ago and I cant wait to get the black t-shirt seen on the homepage. Well, take care and happy new year.

2. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

welcome Dave. How did you come across the site? How did you become a Fulham fan? Where are you located?

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

howdy, pard; welcome aboard!

4. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Hi Dave, welcome to the site and most importantly welcome to Fulham. It'll be a bumpy ride but hey, you probably already knew that.

5. dave2d2

dave2d2 New Member

I live in upstate NY in the Hudson Valley. I have always loved soccer; grew up playing it. Never really understood why Americans hate the game so much at the professional level. My friends say its boring then proceed to turn on a baseball game, talk about boring! I have always enjoyed the premier league, never really got into serie a, the bundesliga, etc... I started following Fulham because of all the premier teams they seem to be the most open to signing American players; not just goalkeepers! I was doing a google search on the Fulham connection to American players, airlines etc and found this site. I was very excited to see other Football fans right here in the states who are as passionate as I am about the premier league. I try to get into MlS but it is not the same. The sounds, the excitement, the unbelievable skills and gameplay make the European game so much more exciting for me. Thanks for the welcome and happy new years to all.

6. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Welcome Dave, anybody signing on now in these trying times has got to be a fan.

7. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Welcome Dave!

You're coming in with the right attitude, given our current situation.

And your attitude toward MLS is good. I dont EXACTLY agree but it's fine with me.

8. Fern72

Fern72 Member

Welcome Dave, like Mike said it's a bumpy ride this season, but you will see that Fulham plays hard til the whistle.

MLS.... Give it chance Dave, you have to remember that most EPL teams have a 100yrs in palying teh futbol. I think for it being only 11yrs old it's quality has improved.

9. ClevelandSimon

ClevelandSimon Member

I'm not sure if it is a bumpy ride, seems to be pretty smooth sailing at the bottom to me!!!! Oh well, Welcome, and a Happy New Year!

10. smokyn21

smokyn21 New Member

I agree the MLS is brutally inferior to European A Leagues. Until the MLS gets some $ the level of play will always be sub par.

11. jlough

jlough New Member

Welcome.