New Site is Live*

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by dcheather, Nov 7, 2012.

1. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

There are still one or two things not need to be tweaked and I'll get to them soon enough. Let me know if anybody sees anything that seems amiss.

Still not sure what chat room to use. I like the old and new. The new one has the huge benefit of being able to be accessed by portable devices such as the Ipad and smart phones. I'll have be the main chat room for the Arsenal match and see how it goes. If not, I'll get somebody to help me turn on the old chat room.

Also, Mike was able to open up the old Facebook group, the link is on the right side for "Follow US on Facebook."

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Re: New Site is Live

First, I'm a bit surprised to see the Dutch league standings, and the second thing that I notice is that the "recent" polls is hard to read with the Red on Dark Gray. But it's good to

3. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Something is wrong with the widget. The settings are set for the Premier League and it has been working fine for weeks until today (for whatever reason) and was even working when I made the site live. If it doesn't correct itself within a day, I'll just axe it.

4. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

Home page looks AWESOME!

5. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Ok, something is wrong with the log in creds when the new site is active. Strange, because I tested it before switching over. Can't quite figure it out, so will go back to old site for a little while longer.

6. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Saw it (even though i couldn't log on) and really like the homepage. Really liked seeing the schedule for the upcoming 3 or 4 matches. Agree w/HD about the red print on the charcoal grey background was hard to pick up. Thanks as usual for all the time and effort DCH. :clap:

7. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Hope you all are patient and don't mind me going back forth a bit from old to new while I try different things that might solve the problem. Sigh.

8. VegasJustin

VegasJustin New Member

I think I might have to leave if that happens. Pfft.

JK of course. You're doing a wonderful job with the site. Didn't get to see the new site yesterday, but it sounds you hit a home run with it.

9. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

This should be working now. I just basically did a fresh install of the forum and uploaded a back-up. That's why Mo's post got lost, she posted just after the back-up I used.

10. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Loving it so far, Senator. Thanks for all of this.

11. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

As long as I still have a huge supply of :angry-soapbox: :banana-blonde: :character-jason: I'm a happy camper. Really sharp looking, take a bow Heather. I'm enjoying looking at the Prem table and since only the top 18 are listed Mr. Ambition's QPHaha team is nowhere to be seen :cool:

12. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

You have to scroll down to see them :ugeek:

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Tapatalk 2

13. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Classy! Yet to see if I can navigate it properly but looks great.

14. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Love it - classy. Great job, Ms. DC. Hope the wee-ones are well!

15. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Thanks Nev. Little ones are doing well. Hope yours are doing well too!

16. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

It's a little more cumbersome to view on my phone than before, but it looks great and getting around it on the pc is no problem. Good job.