New Kit Revealed

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by americanmike, May 30, 2007.

1. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

I am now the proud owner of a second Fulham shirt. Just bought it off ebay and can't wait for it to arrive.

[​IMG]

The collection is building up slowly, but surely

2. Kickflip89

Kickflip89 New Member

3. Team_of_McBrides

The away kit has been posted in the previous pages and it is decent IMO. Home shirt is pure class.

4. Team_of_McBrides

Read this evening that the shirts should be available for purchase on July 7th. Any news on purchasing them through FulhamUSA...Mike?

5. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

No news on the FUSA kit front, but the alternative will be to see if we can do a bulk order and I'll take care of the shipping.

Anywho, as we figured, we have to wear a third kit due to the clash with both Newcastle and Sunderland. Anyone want to venture a guess on the color?

6. Lyle

Lyle New Member

You mean Fulham can't just wear their home kit against Newcastle and Sunderland?

The only other top I'd like to see is all black. Hated that blue crap that Jimmy Bullard was wearing when he got hurt.

7. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

i'm hoping for something along the lines of this:
    http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Watford ... 1995-c.gif

8. Team_of_McBrides

Odds are the shirt will be the dreaded baby blue or there is always yellow or green. Really hoping it isn't yellow as many of those shirts look absolutely terrible.

I referred to the shirt as "dreaded" blue for the simple fact of Bullard's devistating injury taken place in that strip. Shutter to recall that event.

Isn't all that bad, but prefer the home and away shirts.

9. americanmike

Yes Lyle, due to both Newcastle and Sunderland away kits having those thick white stripes, we have to wear something completely different thus either it looks to be blue (its not that bad), yellow or green. One of Fulham original away kits from the 20's was light blue, on top of that, our old badge has blue in it (signifying the river).

10. Lyle

Lyle New Member

I didn't know about the light blue tops from the 20s. I'll have to research that. So a light blue top with white shorts would be fine by me.

I'm against orange or yellow.

11. martin

martin New Member

Did you notice the shirt Steve Davis was wearing in the photo on the Official site? It looks to be dark blue with a bit of gray trim. The FFC crest is clearly visible, as is part of the G in LG. The t-f-i lot are speculating it could be the 3rd kit. I like it!

http://www.fulhamfc.com/home.aspx

12. Team_of_McBrides

Looks to be more of a training top, but doesn't look half bad.

13. jmh

jmh New Member

A) If we're talking about matches at the Cottage and conflicts involving other teams' away strips, isn't it their job to come up with a kit that doesn't clash?

B) Why doesn't our red/black strip fit the bill? I can't imagine you'd have a hard time distinguishing that from anything Newcastle wears, anyway; not sure what Sunderland's look like.

14. americanmike

Yup Josh, its up to the away team to sort out the kit but Newcastles black and white conflicts with our home and away kit (can't have either colour in your kit which the home team has) as does the red and white of Sunderland.

15. americanmike

16. Team_of_McBrides

Great link Mike. I don't know why but the Airness kit just seems to be top draw. Probably because it is original...haven't seen another strip quite like that.

17. jmh

jmh New Member

Gotcha - so I guess we couldn't wear either of ours on the road in Newcastle or Sunderland.

("colour"? Are you going native?)

That's a cool site. I have learned that Manchester United's first kits were... yellow and orange tops, blue shorts, and gray socks. EW.

18. Team_of_McBrides

I believe Liverpool's original kits were solid baby blue and white with royal blue shorts...so much for being the Reds.

19. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Personally I think the FA and Premiership can go to hell with this clash of kits nonsense. I understand why they do it, but I really think it isn't that big of a deal. I see no problem with Fulham wearing their home kit when away to Newcastle or Sunderland. If the players and officials can't figure out what's what they're incompetent.

Here's another site, probably you guys know about it.

http://www.kitclassics.co.uk/

So I hope we have the light/sky blue now, with white shorts. There's no way Newcastle and Sunderland will be able to stop us with while wearing those colors.

20. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

Great links to the kit site Mike & Lyle. I love the '83 and '87 home kits. I still have my '87 kit somewhere (I was 13 and got it for Christmas), but the 83 kit is my favourite. I am now bored of summer and am ready for the seaon. COYW