New kit 2010-2011

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by Han-Solo, May 15, 2010.

1. Han-Solo

Han-Solo New Member

Fully agrre with you, mate.

2. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

4. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

How long until we start seeing clubs sporting Under Armour kits?

Oh, and I could really give a rats ass about Kappa as long as it looks better than in year's past (2008-09 home excluded).

5. terrinh73

terrinh73 Member

It's Chavtastic!

6. jmh

jmh New Member

This is what Kappa made for Valencia this year.

Their sponsor logo looks pretty stupid, but overall it's a reasonably straightforward black and white shirt. (Disclaimer: I don't understand in the slightest why people find the Kappa logo to be so bothersome.)

7. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

The size of the logo. In your example, it's fine. But most of their efforts have the giant logo on the shoulders like Pompey's FA Final strips. That, I will not buy.

8. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

What is so offensive about the Kappa logo?

The Valencia kit jmh links to is a good shout and the logos are the perfect size. Think our logo will look better than the Valencia one due to ours being fairly straight forward black and white as well. Think ya'll be pleasantly surprised with the home kit.

9. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Ugh, bad news. I was somehow under the delusion that FFC had better taste.

I certainly wont be buying any kits with that stupid logo on it. I bet they will insist on at least one of the shirts having an extra large logo like the one on Pompey's FA Cup shirt.

10. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

I'll reserve judgement until the new kits come out.

Mike, it's a cultural thing. Redneck truckers all across this country have silver "naked chick" silhouette mudflaps that look a lot like the Kappa logo. Hopefully, the logo will be small like the Valencia kit and not like the German team (maybe Werder Bremen) where the logo is stupid big.

11. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

The naked boy and naked girl are just a little too pedophilish for me, Mikey. I know there's comparisons with the mudflaps over here, but there's a difference between a naked womand and a naked boy and girl.

It's creepy. I guess I'll stick with my McBride/Pipex, and my 2008-09 Volz/LG, and on the 10-12 days of the year it gets below 45, I'll do the dabs.com GK jersey.

12. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Sorry, I find the Kappa fuss to be overblown. So their logo is a little bit redneck -- so am I.

Nike is the company that fries my eggs. That stupid commercial with Eldrick and Earl Woods, the one that came on during the Masters, the one where Eldrick knelt before his sponsors and insulted every principle of good taste I hold, was the last straw. I may be in the numerical minority, but I see an improvement in our change.

13. jmh

jmh New Member

According to Wikipedia (which isn't an authoritative source, of course, but it's what I came up with), it's a man and woman, not a boy and girl. This would seem to be supported by the fact that the woman appears to be, er, postpubescent. And in any case, there's nothing at all sexual about the logo.

14. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

Most of this can be narrowed down to one word that has afflicted our country's way of thinking fo far too long recently, "Texas". No idea what Mo's problem with it is.

15. Clevelandmo

poster's remorse :big grin:

16. IanHux

IanHux New Member

Hear hear!

17. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

So says the proud resident of Florida, easily the home of broad-minded liberality.

18. ToviFromSantaBarbara

ToviFromSantaBarbara New Member

I like it, excited to see what they come up with for us.

It's unique, and it's pretty cool to be the only one in the PL with them (for now). Kappa is a growing brand and I have no problem supporting our club's business decision.

It's ridiculous to be upset at this before anyone has seen the shirt, you can slate it when you see the product if you dont like it.

19. Clevelandmo

[​IMG]

1984 US Track & Field team wore Kappa, I never noticed

20. general125

general125 New Member

My problem with the Kappa kits is the fit. Apparently they look great on athletes, but not me.