New Homepage Banners - PLEASE VOTE!

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by MisterF, Jan 10, 2012.

?

Which banner design is your favorite?

1. Option 1

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Option 2

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Option 3

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  4. Option 4

5 vote(s)
    41.7%
  5. Keep working!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. MisterF

MisterF New Member

Hello Fulham USA'ers!

Heather recently asked me to throw together some designs to help spice up the site. I love messing around in Photoshop and came up with four different options. Feel free to voice your options or even suggestions to tweak the designs.

Please vote for one of the options above. I also won't be offended if you'd like me to go back to the drawing board ;)

Option #1- "Welcome to the Cottage"

I really like how this one turned out. Wanted to get at least of of the options to be mostly white. The "Welcome to Craven Cottage" sign is actually even from my recent trip to England. The players are totally interchangeable but I just chose some of the main stars from their time in the Premiership.

[​IMG]

Option #2- "Fulham USA Greats"
    This one was meant to pay homage the great USA players that have played for Fulham over the recent years. I picked basically the best of the best and highlighted their years of service. I wasnt totally sure on the opening banner with the flag so feel free to pass along suggestions on what the "opener" should be.

[​IMG]

Option #3-"Craven Cottage Greats- WITH NAMES"
    This one is very similar the the white one but with a darker theme and player names. Just picked a few guys but everyone is interchangeable.

[​IMG]

Option 4- "Craven Cottage Great- NO NAMES"
    This is just an alternate version of Option #3 but without names. I thought it looked good either way.

[​IMG]

Option #5
    This is if you would prefer it the way it is, don't like any of the designs or have a better suggestion.

THANKS and COYW!!! :dance:

2. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

I went with option #1. Visually I like it the best and like that McBride is shown. It was a close call with option #3 because I like having Johnny Haynes in there as a reminder of Fulham's great history. They are all very nice though. Great work MisterF. Thanks

3. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Can we choose a couple of different ones from each option?

I like the McBride one in Option 2, Murphy in Option1, Dempsey in Option 4, Haynes in Option 3, and Hangers in Option 4.

Based on the selection you think I would prefer Option 4 overall, but actually I prefer Option1 overall.

Does that mean I vote keep working? :mrgreen:

Thanks again MisterF!

4. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Great work on the logo and now banner Mister F!!! :clap:

From the dumb question dept. Do we have to vote for one player or can the banner rotate the players like they do in the sample? They are all great, but if I have to choose it would be option 4, but w/the players changing every few seconds like they due in the sample. If only one player, then I would pick Clint.

5. VegasJustin

VegasJustin New Member

#4 is pretty sick dude. Great job.

6. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

:text-bump:

7. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

Damit Mister F, they are all good, you are making it almost impossible to decide.

Any way we can have them rotate on say a monthly or since there area 4 a quarterly basis?

8. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Brilliant work - thanks again, Mr. F. I liked the names listed on #3.

Now, let's all go watch "Love Indubitably."

9. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

Great work! Went with one. Little less crowded without the names IMO. But great work either way!!

10. MisterF

MisterF New Member

I appreciate all the great feedback! It was a lot of fun to work on.

11. MisterF

MisterF New Member

Nah, thats a good question! I've made 4 banners for each design already so you're voting more for the overall look. I'm also willing to switch out players based on popular demand. I just tried to pick the ones that made a great impact at Fulham.

12. MisterF

MisterF New Member

Thanks!

From my end thats not a problem, just depends on what the admins want to see and I'm not quite sure how much trouble they are to switch out.

13. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

It's not much of a pain at all. The biggest difficulty is locating the correct folder on the server to upload the images properly.

The header is produced from a script that just rotates .jpg images over a set time, that shouldn't be problem for these headers MisterF? I think the limit of images is 8 at a time. Not 100% sure, but we can find out what that limit is. :banana-rock:

14. MisterF

MisterF New Member

Good to know!

Yep I made 4 separate JPEG images of each design since it's currently set to 4. I just animated them for the samples to give an idea of what it would look like on the site. Good to know that the limit is as high as 8. Not sure we need that many but it does leave room for extra players if everyone wants.

15. MisterF

MisterF New Member

Looks like #4 has a slight lead. Personally I can't decide whether I like #1 or #4 better. Both would fit the site nicely I think.

I'll give it a few more days to see if some more votes roll in. Then I'll send the banners to Heather to be added.

16. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Congrats again, MisterF! Option 4 is now in place!

17. MisterF

MisterF New Member

Looking good! :banana-linedance:

18. sfm

sfm Member

I would be delighted to see a few other players included in the rotation of photos at the top of the web-site. I suggest 1) Barry Hayles, the "Lambeth Eusebio" 2) Rufus Brevett 3) Louis Saha, who has just knocked in two for 'Arry Backhander at the Lane. Eight years on, and I still can not help myself for suporting King Louis.