1. Jensers

Jensers New Member

Let me say this first of all:

For everyone that is involved in the maintenance of the site - THANK YOU! I was looking around to find what people were thinking about the new Fox Football Fone In and I went to bigsoccer.com - and yuck - I cant stand that place.

Second - Thank You to everyone here and the time that is spent sharing ideas, opinions, observations and whatnot about this game that we love. I have yet to find a forum that is like this one.

Ok - so - here is what I think about the new FFF with Eric:

I am watching the 2nd episode now.

I am not keen on the new theme song. It makes me feel like I am about to watch the Love Boat.

I am not interested in having a token chick stutter thru emails just because she is hot. If you want a hot chick - fine - but please dont punish me by letting her open her mouth and remove all doubt that she is just a pretty face.

The arguments feel fake and scripted, but perhaps it is that they have not developed the chemistry and they can sort that out over time.

My biggest beef is that I am missing the regular guy looseness of the show, but with anything that is any good - suits will get ahold of it at some point.

I am not anti Eric, but I liked Cohen. Not everything he said - and I would say that he is nit-wit much of the time, but I found him entertaining. Eric should be fine as things go on, but I am afraid he will see the corporate gag just like Cohen before too long.

I am interested to hear others feelings - especially considering this site's unique relationship with Eric.

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Don't you think it might take an episode or two for these guys to get comfortable enough with each other? Waldo doesn't share anything well -- the striker in him wants him to always be THE guy -- but the partnership could still work.

3. Jensers

Jensers New Member

I think so - yes. I didnt post this - but I am thinking 3 or 4 more episodes and then I can make a decision about keeping it or pulling it from the timers on DVR.

Did you watch any of it? What did you think?

4. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

I watched the first half of ep2. I thought it was good in that I think they stayed focus and got to the point much better than the prior pairing. Yeah, the remaining Brit seems a bit intimidated by Waldo, but that'll go away as they get more used to each other. The Sounders Chick needs some work.

5. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

I'm kind of liking the new Wynalda/Webster team. Considerably less (believe it or not) histrionics than the Chelsea fan who DJ'd before. With the added bonus of less smugness, but still with an overwhelmingly European flavour. Bobby McMahon was on last night, and I've warmed to his goofy personality. He's got plenty of background info usually.

Added bonus to the show last night, very hot "soccer fan" wearing a Sounders shirt and reading emails. However, while pleasing to the eye, needs to polish her act and perhaps consider hooked on phonics.

And I don't mind the music at all.

6. EricD

EricD New Member

I still have to finish watching the 2nd episode. I agree with what everryone is saying about the babe. She is a hottie, but she needs to learn how to read email speak. Did I say that she was hot?

I actually met Nick W at a hotel where Barca was staying a couple of weeks ago (b4 the match with the Galaxy). My friend and I took his boys to meet the players, etc... Anyway, he said that he had dinner once with Eric, and he was looking forward to working with him b/c he brings a player perspective to the show. I think he said that he hopes they start to mesh soon once I said that Eric does not hold back on his opinions (which I like - I think we all do). He also would not divulge why Steven Cohen was gone - he said he did not know, but he was going to his wedding that night.

One thing that I did like was Eric's take on the US Mexico game in the first show. He basically said what was going to happen, and it was as if he saw the game already. Nick said Eric was doom and gloom, but Eric stood by his call of 2-0 b/c the US cannot chase and the Mexican attack will come from all over. He said he would be happy with a 2-1 loss. I was impressed b/c I watched the show after seeing the US Mexico game.

Are they still going to give out those Brain Food shirts?

7. BarryP

BarryP New Member

Jenser I am with you on the theme song. I was thinking Partridge Family theme song gone elevator music when I first heard it.

I will give the show a few more weeks before I pass judgement on it in anyway. Right now the partnership seems a bit stiff but I think that is to be expected for a few weeks.

8. EricD

EricD New Member

OK, I hate the game show music.

9. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

I agree: New Music = Horrible. I shudder to think what's in WB's music collection...

10. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

I thought it had a nice little ska sound to it.

11. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Interesting, I'll check for that next time...however, during each music session I waited in vain to hear Rod Roddy announce "A Mark Goodson, Television Production!"

12. BarryP

BarryP New Member

Game show music! You nailed it on the head Nev.

13. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

I wish we could find a recording of it...anyone??

14. EricD

EricD New Member

15. Jensers

Jensers New Member

Yuck. I really do not like it. I liked the old one - it had a little bite in it and it gave me a throw-back to uk punk. This thing just repeats and repeats and repeats the same 4 bars till the end where it has the cheesy, "Taaaa DAAAaaaaaaaaa.... Ring, ring."

Annoying!

16. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

Totally opposite for me. Last one was such a cheesy, ridiculous lead in it gave me a headache.

This one, with the nice horns, puts me in a better mood. But then again, I'm a big fan of Fishbone, The Specials, Mighty Bosstones, Dirty Dozen Brass Band, etc.

17. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

where's the love for The Tim and Bob Show?

18. Jensers

Jensers New Member

Something is gone from this show!

Eric - and I dont think this is intentional - has totally destroyed his CO-HOST'S credibility while also discouraging discussion from callers with his, "You dont know anything, but I do," attitude and comments for those that dont agree with him.

This has always been a show for regular passionate fans by regular passionate fans. The new show has changed to become a 2 hour Q&A with Eric as the end-all-be-all authority and Webster playing the part of the interviewer.

It is not that I do not like Eric, or that I do not value his opinion, but I am not seeing this as being the right fit for him - Maybe Pre-match, Half-time, or even the Fox Soccer Match Day or the Super Sunday show.

I said 3-4 more shows and as far as I can tell I have 2 left - I doubt I will drop the show, but I am getting far less interested. I know they brought Eric in because of his opinions, but I doubt they realized it would come at the expense of everyone else's.

19. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

whats most telling about the show is wynalda never has any notes in front of him.

which fits in to your point exactly.

20. Jensers

Jensers New Member

Wow - good spot.

I feel like someone has just turned on a light.

Maybe this is what they wanted from the new version of the show.