NEW FAN IN DENVER

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by dtwondough, Jul 27, 2006.

1. dtwondough

dtwondough New Member

Just wanted to introduce myself to the board. I'm a new fan of FFC. Have a good friend that just moved to London from Memphis and he lives pretty close to the Cottage and he's been to a couple of matches, so I figured what better team to choose. read up on some of the history and got hooked. Now, beware, I'm a new fan to EPL as well and haven't followed football for several years, so I'm glad to get back. Please don't point out my ignorance too much when I ask questions.

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

dt, welcome to FulhamUSA!! No one is going to give you any trouble about being a new fan. Any and all are welcome. The more, the merrier the way we see it. You will see we have a nice size group of friendly Fulham supporters on here that will debate points in a constructive way that few other message boards can boast.

Feel free to ask myself or anyone questions about the team or anything. There is no such thing as a dumb question.

Other than your friend, what made you pick Fulham?

3. rumstove

rumstove New Member

Welcome. My brother went to DU and I still have relatives out there so sometimes I can still be found roaming the Denver streets...and I like Breck during snowboard season.

4. dtwondough

dtwondough New Member

thanks for the welcome. Other than my friend, I'm not sure why I picked Fulham. I did some reading on them and enjoyed the history that I read. It seems that their fans are loyal and a pretty tight group. I'm sure most clubs over there have loyal fans, but I didn't want to just jump in on a Man U or Chelsea bandwagon. I wanted a team that I could cheer for and feel like they were "my" team. I'm not sure if that makes a lick of sense, but that's it.

Did your brother placy soccer at DU? What year?

5. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Welcome Denverite! One of the American Cities I need to visit. Regardless of reason, its good to see another Fulham supporter in this world. Fulham fans are more tight knit than most...even in London when you see someone with a Fulham badge on, they usually stop one another for a quick chat.

You won't get that anywhere else.! Welcome again...COYW'S.

6. rumstove

rumstove New Member

Re: RE: NEW FAN IN DENVER

Nope, my brother didn't play soccer at DU. He's not really into team sports...more into skateboarding and snowboarding, depending on the season. He graduated in 2003.

7. BoasBoy

BoasBoy New Member

I am also new but am learning very quickly due to this site and its members. I find this site to be very encouraging and I'll be a Fulham fan for years to come.

So your friend moved from Memphis to London?! Wow, what a move that is...

As for your ignorance, don't worry about it...its all in good fun! WELCOME.