New Blood - Kansas City Area

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by schindler, Jul 13, 2010.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Oh, shit I forgot the Affirmative Newby Action code... Sorry bout that.

I'll work through the night and link and summarize everything that's happened on here in the last 6 years, for you in the 'Howdy Doodie' forum.. all your own.

Yeah... that'll work

Like sleeping in the open on Capistrano during swallow migration.

oh.. wait...

damn!

2. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Chino Hills?!?!? Damn!

3. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Well... could be Bakersfield.

4. MisfitKid

MisfitKid New Member

You are more than welcome to crash on my very comfortable couch (I know from experience...). But you will have about a 6 hour drive south to SJC (near my old stomp'n ground).

If you're ever near San Francisco I can ablige.
    I'll supply the Sapphire, Tonic, Lime & Ice. :D

5. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Nev, think of Chino Hills as a SoCal version of Danville (depending on your opinion of said suburb). Actually, CH (less than a 10 minute drive from mi casa) is basically less than 20 years old, has every possible trendy amenity imaginable, and all the homes are expensive even considering there are all slight variations of the same house.

Back on point... Welcome Schindler!

6. schindler

schindler New Member

I can't seem to find the Howdy Doodie forum. Has it gone live yet?

And what is all this talk of the swallows? There's only one kind of swallow I'm really all that interested in. (Too much, too little? What kind of board is this?)

My sister is moving to San Francisco in a few days, so Misfit, I hope you have everything in order for my couch crashing adventure.

7. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Welcome to the site Schindler, sincerely, . . . . but enough of this belly aching from you and JP-STL about KC and St.Louis. Can you say C L E V E L A N D?

Most people are up to date on the heartbreak that is Cleveland, but you know we actually won a championship in soccer. The USL 2 City Stars won it all in only their second year in existence. So you know what happened then? They lost their coach to a USL 1 team; the USL then promoted Cleveland up to USL 1; they couldnt win and they couldnt attract fans (in USL 2 their games were usually sold out, but USL made them move to a bigger stadium and it was in the burbs rather than the city, noone went); and finally the USSF proclaimed that Cleveland could not have a pro team the next season. You see, even when we win, we lose.

And the knife-twisting element of this story, which is usually a part of all these Cleveland stories, is that this was pretty much precipitated by Cleveland's own Drew Carey and his love for soccer.

8. schindler

schindler New Member

I understand that Cleveland fans are tortured beyond belief, and that no one should complain in light of their suffering. However, we've all written Cleveland off as a sports city for the most part in the "big three" sports. Correct me if I'm wrong... but no Super Bowl Champions, no NBA Champions, and no World Series Champions (well, not in recent history anyway). So, we know what ultimate success at least tastes/looks like. That's why it hurts more.

Look - I know that's a weak argument that isn't worth the minute I spent typing it... but that's all I got.

9. Clevelandmo

So you are saying we cant even be the best when it comes to sporting misery? We'll never get that title either?

10. schindler

schindler New Member

All I'm trying to say is that I hate not being able to compete with the "winner" cities. So finally when you accept that fact, you tell everyone how much you suffer... and then a Seattle or a Cleveland comes along and tells you that you can't compete with the "loser" cities. I mean, COME ON! Let us compete for SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Clevelandmo

Damn you, now I feel sorry for you. And I live in Cleveland!