Need a little boost?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Apr 14, 2009.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

.. to start your day? Here it is.

Ladies and Gentlemen...
    Susan Boyle!

2. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

WOW

Thanks 'fog. ('Course the synic in me thinks it was staged)

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Thanks, 'fog.

Couple of comments:

1. A very talented young lady [47 is young to me]
    2. Why couldn't the cameraman stayed on her instead of showing Simon Crapface?
    3. What's with the two shirt-lifters in the wings? Why did they have to be filmed when they should have just been concentrating on the song?
    4. See if you can get this on another link; during the time of the video I had nearly a half-dozen popups quashed. That's pretty unusual.

4. pettyfog

Of course you use latest Firefox, so turn on popup blocker... I didnt see any popups.

Otherwise .. here's the youtube link

5. CarolinaTim

CarolinaTim New Member

One of my buddies favorite sayings is, "You never know." Maybe she'll open for U2 who I just got tix for in Raleigh.....yea

6. pettyfog

On followup, {since I am temp limited to broadcast channels - see dig converter thread- I saw her on one of the morning shows. She actually sang a bar live and it was no fluke. Now what will she do with another song?

Bonus: They also hooked up with Patti LuPone {you over 30's probably know her best as 'Corky's Mom'} on that interview and Patti, having debuted the song in London, confessed she teared up when she watched it just like everyone else.

7. Martin-in-Nashville

Martin-in-Nashville New Member

8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Jim, she not only has a good voice, she has a clear understanding of the meaning and potential drama of the lyric. I have no doubt that she can do equally as well with any meaningful song. She might suck at something as trivial as "Bad Boys Make Me Feel So Good," but give her any decent song and some time to inhabit it emotionally, and she'll do just fine. She's not a lady with a nice voice; she's a singer.

Martin, thanks for the sidebar.

9. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Actually, I think the camera showed the pretty lady and the sweet guy more than Simon. And his face isnt crappy it's actually quite nice. God forbid he not give out compliments willy nillly, but save them so that they actually mean something to the deserving.

Simon goes to Africa to help raise money for it's people just like Angelina, if you remember what I'm refering to.

10. pettyfog

Versatility: "Cry Me A River" Audio only, circa 1999. Interesting no one seemed to pick up on that. But I guess sometimes you need a picture to set things up.

Sidenote: when I posted the above YouTube link, there were about 250 K views. Look now.

And I got the referral from one of those "Right-Wing Subversive Blog sites". so obviously, like the Tea Parties, it's a Rupert Murdoch/Karl Rove plot to get her noticed. And DHS might well have her on some list if she tries to come into the country.

And here's one guy's pick of top ten viral Celebs - Susan got in under the wire to make #10; though most of them are fully started on the net, then branched out

11. pettyfog

Boyle Update: Viral aint the word for it

All-time Internet instant star - 80 million with a bullet!

Queen of all media!