NBC and the Premier League

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by astroevan, Jun 28, 2017.

1. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

I haven't looked this up on NBC's site but apparently they're pulling the free (with cable subscription) streaming of all non televised Premier League matches. Now you must pay the cable company for the NBC Sports network to see the televised matches and then pay NBC for the streaming package to see all the other matches (that used to be included on the extra time channels). The fans just can't win these days.

http://deadspin.com/nbc-has-totally-fucked-its-premier-league-coverage-1796466439

2. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

This stinks. As a cord-cutter, I was considering getting Sling this year to have access to the matches, but now I'm not so sure.

3. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

4. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

I would guess that the 18% decline also had something to do with the state of the table (7 good teams and everyone else) and lack of drama this season. The previous season had a cinderella story; this season had another Chelsea championship (yawn...)

5. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

It sucks but these companies are trying to make money for spending all of this money on the live sports TV rights (look at Fox basically letting go of all its writers/social media people earlier this week).

I had access to all these games previously due to my cable provider but I honestly didn't watch much of the overflow games last year. It will suck for those five people who want to watch the Watford-Sunderland type games (and presumably Fulham if we can return).

And that said, the US still has a better TV/streaming deal to watch these games than in the UK.