More ticket acquiring questions

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by Kynd, Feb 18, 2006.

1. Kynd

Kynd New Member

Does anyone know what particular sections have an obstructed view? I never see tickets on eBay - are they ever sold that way? Is going through Fulham's website going to be the easiest way to get tickets? How can I avoid sitting next to the Wignan fans on April 22nd? And where should I stay once in London?

Thanks!

Kynd
    St. Louis, MO

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Tickets are sold in home and away sections. The chances of you getting stuck with a Wigan fan is very slim. Going through the website is a good way to get your tickets for the match. You will likely not find tickets on Ebay. Most Fulham matches do not sell out, but the way they are playing now at home, they might soon. Thus, call the ticket office and tell them you are coming from America and want to secure a ticket or tickets.

As for obstructed view seats, they will tell you in the ticket office what is obstructed and what is not.

Mike might have so more information about this stuff as he is over there more.

3. Kynd

Kynd New Member

Great advice, thanks!

I was going to go online, but it sounds like you have had better luck through calling the ticket office. I was also checking out the Trophy Lounge, Centenary Lounge, and SW6 Bar - between $100 and $130 per person, but for a once a decade visit to Craven Cottage, it just might be worth it. Has anyone had a good experience sitting in those sections?

I will call the ticket office on Monday and let them know I am definitely not a Wigan fan (only when they're playing Fulham - the rest of the time, I usually wish them well). Although if Mike has any advice as well, he's more than welcome to chime in....

4. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

RE: Great advice, thanks!

Hello Kynd,
    I just checked on the website and it seems that you can purchase tickets to this match directly from the website by clicking here: http://www.wayahead.com/fulham/event.as ... 1=fulhamfc

Click 'book' next to the Wigan match and it will bring you to the stadium seating chart. It seems that the only tickets left worth getting is the Hammersmith Stand, Block H5. Full of Season ticket holding Fulham fans and a good atmosphere.

With regard to the Lounges, I believe you'll have to call the ticket office to secure tickets for any of them. My personal favorite was the Trophy Lounge but both the SW6 bar and Centenary Lounge are just as nice.

Thats my 2 cents, any other questions you can post here or email me: mike@fulhamusa.com

5. Kynd

Kynd New Member

Final questions

Actually, we will be going to Craven Cottage on April 15th for the Charlton match, not the Wigan match (we'll be in Amsterdam on the 22nd). I just checked online, and the tickets they've got left are in the Hammersmith Stand block H4 and H5, rows E or H, or the Stevenage Road Stand lower row AA. Any personal preferences between the two? Is watching a game from behind the goal worth it, or would it be better to spend the extra money for the lounges?

Thanks again everyone for all the advice - I've only watched Fulham games on television, so I'm hoping the live experience will be even better.

Kynd

6. americanmike

RE: Final questions

Hey Kynd,
    No worries about mixing up the matches...atleast you noticed now and not later!

See here for my suggestions regarding the Charlton match for another fan who will be attending that game, also, I should be in attendence as well: http://www.fulhamusa.com/index.php?name ... =8042#8042

As for the 'live' experience being better, you not need worry about that. A match at the Cottage is always great.

7. Kynd

Kynd New Member

That other thread was indeed very helpful. I will be picking the Stevenage stand or the Hammersmith stand for my seats. And the Charlton match is much more expensive in the lounges than the Wigan match, so that option is out.

On a separate topic, any recommendations for hotels in the area? I've heard that around the stadium is a very safe area to be, and it's close to the Tube.

Thanks again!

8. americanmike

Kynd,
    A bunch of us stayed at the Premier Travel Inn - Putney Bridge which is steps away from the Fulham pub the Golden Lion and approximately a 10 minute walk from Craven Cottage. The rooms were fairly large, clean and definitely convenient on match day.

http://www.premiertravelinn.com/pti/findHotel.do (choose London - Putney Bridge Location)

I believe there are a couple of other places in the area but the names escape me.

9. Kynd

Kynd New Member

So I went ahead and bought tickets from the club (hopefully, Fulham will take my money and spend it on the team!). Stevenage Road Stand, block AL, row AA. The bloke on the phone said they were pretty good seats, so as long as Fulham gets the win....

And how far from Victoria Station is the Premier Travel Inn at Putney Bridge? Is the Inn close to the Tube? And best bar in the area?

Thanks again, all!

10. jrose

jrose New Member

Re: Charlton ticket

I might end up buying a ticket through the club, too, just waiting to hear back from Mike to see if he's got any connections with better seats. Mike, please advise when you get a chance....and thanks again for asking around.

11. americanmike

RE: Re: Charlton ticket

Hey Jay,
    Looks like everyone I know is will be attending the match so no extra tickets for this match. But with regard to seats, I say you go for the Hammy End or in the Stevenage rd...I may actually be in England for this match and if so, I'll buy you fellas a pint.

I have to run now, but I'll post again about prematch venues, etc.

12. jrose

jrose New Member

I'm all set!

Just bought a ticket in Hammersmith, block 4 for the game. Wasn't too keen on sitting behind the goal but I'm up a little bit so I should see over it. Besides, the atmosphere should make up for it!

13. americanmike

Jrose/Kynd - Charlton Home Match

Hi guys,
    OK, not sure when you are arriving in London but the follow matchday suggestions should keep you busy.

If you are looking to get a full pre-match experience, then I suggest getting to the Fulham/Putney/Hammersmith area by 12:00-12:30 to go into a pub or two.

Fulham pubs: You can find a Fulham only pub called the Golden Lion just a short walk from the Putney Bridge tube station and a link can be found here: http://www.sff.net/people/chris.amies/p ... et_sw6.htm If you don't get there early it will be packed with a woman (Anne) sitting at the front door just tell Anne you are with FulhamUSA and she'll let you in. She hosted us in January. Its a typical English Pub with a huge beer garden in the back and full of Fulham fans...its good to experience.

Other pubs that might be interesting are:
    The Crabtree -Rainville Road, Fulham, London, W6 9HL.
    The Cottage Pub - 21 Colehill Lane, Fulham, London, SW6 5EF
    Lloyds bar (William and Morris) - 2-4 King Street, Hammersmith, London, W6 0QA

Kynd, the Premier Travel Inn is only a few minute walk from the Putney Bridge Tube station and I would say that its only a 15 minute/20 minute tube ride from Victoria. All you have to do is take the District Line tube from Victoria station towards Wimbledon, get off at Putney Bridge and you are there.

A suggestion for the walking to the stadium before the match, is (if in Putney) walk into Bishops Park and walk along the river until you hit Craven Cottage.

There you go.

14. FulhamCubin

FulhamCubin New Member

RE: Jrose/Kynd - Charlton Home Match

Hi everyone, I'm new to the site and I think it's a great idea with what you got going here.

I'm actually going to be spending 7 weeks in London for school and I just bought tickets for the April 15th match. I'm in the Stevenage section, Block F, Row R. Not sure how the seats are in terms of visability and atmosphere but they were at midfield so I jumped on it.

From what it looks like there will be a few Americans over there, so I'm really looking forward to the game.

15. americanmike

RE: Jrose/Kynd - Charlton Home Match

Hello Cubin,
    From April on it should be an exciting time in Fulham. Your seats should be awsome, you might have a pole or two in your way but thats normal for a stand that is now 101 years old. One thing I can guarantee is that the atmosphere will be good and your seat will be wooden!

16. Kynd

Kynd New Member

Seating questions

Quick questions about seating:

I just saw that Cubin got seats in Block F of the Stevenage Road stand, seats that were not available when I got my Block AL seats in the same stand. Is one set of seats better than the other in terms of viewing? My seats are closer to the field, but all the way at the end of the pitch, while Cubin's seats are right at midfield but much further up (and with a pole in the way, perhaps). Should I stick with my Block AL seats or try and exchange for Block F seats? And does the club even allow exchanges for different seats?

Also, Mike, I ended up getting a room at the Darlington near Paddington station - much more convenient for the non-Fulham match days. However, I will definitely be stopping by the Golden Lion for a pint or two before the game, perhaps a bite to eat if they serve food. At Craven Cottage, what is the refreshment scene like? Good beer and food, or way overpriced?

Thanks again for everyone's advice! And screw you, Arsenal!!! (well, I actually like them a little, especially when they're not playing against Fulham)

17. americanmike

RE: Seating questions

Not exactly sure, since I don't work at the ticket office, but most likely he got the seats in Block F because they happened to be reserved when you booked your tickets and then were released when that person didn't purchase them, of which, Cubin got them. Anywhere in the Stevenage stand is great and being in AL, you won't be dissapointed since its very close to the field.

As for getting to the match, you can take the District line from Paddington station to Putney Bridge via the Disctrict line. The Golden Lion has food (not gormet by any means!) and very good beer. As for food at the Cottage, you can now get a pie and mash there and Beer isn't that overpriced...about 3 pounds a bottle. They serve Fosters and Carlsbergs at the Cottage on Matchdays.

Right, and screw Arsenal.

18. AL-UK

AL-UK New Member

RE: Seating questions

Hi Folks,

Fulhamcubin - Block F of Stevenage Road is great for viewing the match, its where I have my season ticket. Its not the liveliest part of the ground (think I might move slightly next season for a bit more fun) but you will be towards the top and there is usually a bit of noise coming from up there.

Kynd - You will be ok in AL, compared to F its lower down but closer to the pitch the view will be ok and you might be able to get your feelings across in person to any player that is not to your liking (on the other team of course) food is nothing to write home about, but does a job, you can get beer but you cant drink it anywhere in view of the pitch.

Generally for tickets I would recommend Stevenage Road Stand (or Johnny Haynes as it is now) or the Hammersmith End. Hammersmith is slightly livelier, Stevenage Road has a better view of the game (obviously). If you cant get tickets in those two then you'll have to get a ticket for the sleeping area, oops sorry, the Riverside Stand. Putney End is half for away fans and half neutral, but for big games the neutral area gets swamped with away fans - given the make up of people in the neutral area the atmosphere is probably not so good.

As far as the lounges go I would not recommend it (that said I have not tried) but basically all you will get is special access to a bar before, at half time and after the game, when you can get that for free in the Golden Lion, your seat will still be the same as everyone elses.

For getting to the ground, as an alternative to getting the underground to Putney Bridge you can also get a train to Putney and walk through Putney and over the bridge to Fulham (about 5/10 mins walk - turn right when you come out of Putney train station and keep walking). Trains to Putney start at Waterloo are quite regular and take about 10-15minutes, if you dont want to get the train from Waterloo on the way they stop at Platform 8 of Clapham Junction, from Clapham takes 5 minutes to Putney, you can get a train to Clapham from Victoria (very regular takes about 5 minutes) or if you are staying somewhere in south london/surrey/sussex this is the quickest way to get to the games and most trains call at Clapham Junction on their way to Victoria or Waterloo.

19. Kynd

Kynd New Member

Thanks again!

Well, I'm off for the Cottage in a few days. I hope it doesn't snow!

Seriously, thanks for all the advice, especially AmericanMike and AL. My partner and I will be arriving at the Golden Lion at 13:00, then heading off to our Stevenage Road seats to watch Fulham begin their record-breaking finishing run to close out the season. We'll get food and souvenirs at the stadium, as we're going for the full experience.

One last thing: any good chants I should learn berfore arriving?

Kynd

20. rumstove

rumstove New Member

Re: Thanks again!

Check the Downloadssection of the site to hear some chants.