1. stlouisbrad

stlouisbrad Well-Known Member

The Concacaf champions League kicks off for St. Louis City tonight and I believe the MLS has a whole this weekend. St Louis CITY is largely unchanged from last season so we will see if their high press, counter attacking style can get them to the playoffs again. Still big questions on defense. When are you coming home Tim Ream?

I'll be in attendance tonight. Bought these tickets months ago. An outdoor game in February in St. Louis is always a crap shoot. Should be about 50 degrees at kickoff. Not bad considering we got 3 inches of snow on Friday afternoon.

SoCalJoe, MicahMan and astroevan like this.
  2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Just an aside .... Despite the assholic Broadcasting contract which hopefully will be repaired to at least allow local station to show games, I am really impressed by the growth of MLS Since I have been watching. New teams, stadiums (not always where they were projected to be) but ..
    On the whole, it looks like Soccer is finally rooted deep in the good old USA.
    Thank you, Lamar Hunt!

SoCalJoe likes this.
  3. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

pettyfog likes this.
  4. stlouisbrad

stlouisbrad Well-Known Member

I don't understand it. I love the cup. All about the money. This decision does nothing to grow the game.

I have fond memories of going when we had a USL team and the Fire came to town. I also liked being on the MLS side when Omaha came last year.

pettyfog likes this.