1. BarryWhite

BarryWhite Well-Known Member

Enjoyed watching Columbus beat NYRB. Higuin is joyous to watch play.

Atlanta vs NYCFC was brutal to watch on that postage stamp of a field. Such a shame with the talent available to both teams.

SoCalJoe likes this.
  2. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

Seriously, how long does it take to build a stadium? Was that not part of the deal for awarding the team? The pinnacle of greed in MLS.

3. sacffc

sacffc Active Member

It's the guys with the big money, so the rules are different for them.

4. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Funny how the "you must have a SSS" requirement disappeared when the big money owners of the Sounders, NYCFC, Atlanta United (and probably forgetting a few others) wanted in on the cabal.

Hot take: it wouldnt surprise me if the search for the stadium is fruitless and Yankee Global Enterprises withdraw their 20% ownership stake. Pack up the moving vans...

5. sacffc

sacffc Active Member

They screwed Sacramento out of the franchise they'd promised because they found people with more money. And now there are 2 teams in NY and 2 teams in LA, and the league is showing all the signs of becoming big-city-centric. I haven't watched a minute of the MLS playoffs, another sign that my interest is MLS is waning, particularly after our "local" team, the Earthquakes, were so awful this year. It's also pretty clear that under the current setup, the Earthquakes will continue to have no chance against the big-money teams. Why bother? There's better football elsewhere.

6. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Sac, I certainly understand how you feel when your city gets their ducks in a row then gets hosed. That said, Portland, Columbus, & Real Salt Lake are still playing and aren’t big money teams. The Quakes do well in attendance and just hired a good manager. They should be able to compete in MLS if run properly.

As far as the playoffs are concerned, the best rivalry in the league continues tonight as the Timbers and Sounders play their 2nd leg (Portland leads 2-1 on agg.). Vamos Rose City!!

nevzter and BarryWhite like this.