1. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

2. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Excited for the Quakes and MLS to begin. For me, if the Quakes simply qualify for the playoffs it would be swell as I temper my excitement with the addition of Eriksson and Quintana - and moving Jungwirth to midfield (maybe). Sorry to see Victor Bernardez leave after 6 years as he was a solid Quake but time caught up with him last year.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

With no interest in the World Cup except for England, I should have plenty of time. Maybe this will be the year I get hooked on MLS.

4. tim

tim Active Member

Against my better judgment, I renewed my Galaxy season tickets. One thing is for certain...it will be a very different team out there this year. There will be, at most, 3 players in the starting lineup Sunday that started last year’s opener. Ola Kamara was a huge acquisition and with him, Gio, Alessandrini, and a (hopefully) healthy Sebastian Lletget, they’ll actually score some goals this year. The question is, how many goals will they allow?

5. BarryWhite

BarryWhite Well-Known Member

My best guess is they will allow quite a few but the addition of Kitchen at d-mid will help offset some of the holes in the back four.

6. SoCalJoe

The Good: LAFC whooped RSL 5-1, and Bob’s boys have banked 2 road wins and 6 points.

The Bad: Montreal is pointless after 2 matches.

The Ugly: My Timbers had a power struggle, Caleb Porter left. Magbe was traded, and Portland has a -5 GD and zero points...sigh

7. tim

tim Active Member

I think you mis-categorized LAFC’s success as “good,” Joe.

My “good” for the week: Sigi seems to have tired of Gio dos Santos. I can’t take credit for this idea, but I think the G’s should let him nurse an “injury” until the World Cup, hope he has a good showing for El Tri, and then sell him to a sucker club elsewhere. Jona can stay, though.

8. SoCalJoe

Josef Martinez of Atlanta United with his 4th hat trick in only his 23rd career MLS game.

9. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Wondo now the second leading goal-scorer in MLS history with his tally in the Quakes 2-3 defeat to Sporting KC (Zusi with a pretty strike in that one for KC). 135 MLS goals in 14 years - great numbers in any league. And yet, he will forever be remembered by most folks for this (if only that butterfly hadn't fluttered its wings in Brazil that day...):

10. BarryWhite

My understanding is the most career hat tricks in MLS history is five. To have 4 in 23 matches is pretty amazing.

11. tim

tim Active Member

So.....Zlatan.

12. SoCalJoe

13. BarryWhite

That is stupendous!!!!

14. tim

tim Active Member

15. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

Has everybody seen this? Has anyone tried it? I keep looking for the catch, but apparently you can stream every out market match for FREE. There's even a roku app (so I can watch on my big tv instead of straining my back and neck over a laptop for two hours)!

This may very well be the one thing that finally gets me more involved in MLS. I've been trying for years, but still only managed a few matches during the playoffs.

https://live.mlssoccer.com/

encorespanish likes this.
  16. BarryWhite

I’ve used it for a couple years but this is the first time I’ve seen it free at the beginning of the year. I love the Roku app. You can also stream it on a phone.

Before this year there has been an annual fee but I was glad to pay it to be honest.

17. BarryWhite

As an MLS fan allow me to say thank you Zlatan!

18. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

That's so Zlatan

19. tim

tim Active Member

I don’t have much of a voice left after that one. It was a fun day.

20. BarryWhite

I bet it was a fun day

For Galaxy fans

SoCalJoe and nevzter like this.