1. FulhamDC

FulhamDC Active Member

Did anyone mention to DC United that the playoffs are usually a little more intense than a regular season match? That was awful.

BarryWhite likes this.
  2. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

4 home victories for the lower seeded teams and with no away goals. Seattle thrashing Dallas 3-0 was a shocker. @tim, how was the atmosphere?

3. tim

tim Active Member

Just ok. Not sure why, for this particular match, but I've definitely seen better. Hopefully there will be at least one more home game this season.

4. SoCalJoe

All the return legs on Sunday and the 4 home teams on the ropes since none of them managed an away goal. Jermaine Jones could get his first start as his balky knee is getting better (what will that mean for the Mexico game?). Colorado is undefeated at home this season and have the easiest deficit to wipeout (lost 1-0), but if the Galaxy can get one early, doubtful the Rapids can score 3.

5. BarryWhite

BarryWhite Well-Known Member

If you haven't seen Gashi's goal for Colorado today it is worth finding. Stunning shot from what looked like 35+ yards that beat LA's keeper giving him no real chance. One of the best shots from distance that I have seen.

6. tim

tim Active Member

You had to bring that up?

7. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

Okay @tim. How about we talk about Tim Howard's spot kick saves? The old man still has it. Care to wager who will be starting between the pipes on Friday?

BarryWhite likes this.
  8. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

The New Yorkers got cleaned out by the Canadians, eh? Pretty impressed with both sides north of the border at the moment. Jozy and Giovinco are en fuego, and Montreal are just solid front to back. And Tim Howard. What can you say? Haven't seen much of the Rapids, but everybody knows how far a hot GK can take you.

BarryWhite likes this.
  9. SoCalJoe

Judging by the highlights both opening legs looked entertaining. Colorado missed Tim Howard big time as his backup did quite poorly on Seattle's first goal. I almost fell over seeing Michael Bradley score a goal in the Montreal-Toronto match. Despite losing 2-1 and 3-2 respectively the Rapids and TFC are going home and with solid chances to advance.

10. jumpkutz

Beyond all probability, Seattle is through. Makes me a little sad that Dempsey's not part of this run.

11. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

At the end of last season, how many people would have thought that the Sounders would even get to the playoffs without Dempsey and Martins?

12. BarryWhite

Not me and they sorely missed both of them early in the year. The addition of Lodiero transformed the Sounders from mediocre to very good.

13. jumpkutz

Quality stuff from Muntreal and Tronna. I think the key to the series was the Impact surrendering two goals at home after building a 3-nil lead there. But take nothing away from Toronto. I think it will do wonders for Altidore and Bradley going forward it they manage to beat Sounders. They're still young enough to be impact players for us in Russia if they can get their collective act together. Jozy was especially good last night, and has been throughout the playoffs. If he can just stay healthy...

14. BarryWhite

Bradley looks like he has forgotten how to play a defensive role in the team.

jumpkutz likes this.
  15. jumpkutz

Bradley looks like he has forgotten how to play, PERIOD.

BarryWhite and HatterDon like this.
  16. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

too much poutine.

the match was entertaining

BarryWhite likes this.
  17. BarryWhite

It was entertaining with the entertainment ranging all the way from sublime to slapstick!

18. SoCalJoe

Perfect timing for Toronto this season as they finished the addition to their home stadium. 36K sold out in 3 minutes.

BarryWhite likes this.
  19. SoCalJoe

Have it DVR-ed, but after seeing the highlights won't bother watching a team go 120 minutes without a shot on goal win on PKs. Toronto probably should of won 3 or 4 nil, the save Frei made on Altidore in the second extra time was unbelievable, and the Bradley PK miss....SMH

20. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I watched the whole damn thing AFTER my gig last night. It was worth watching. Toronto was the better side, but for all their attacking and all their shots, Frei really had nothing to do in the 90 minutes. The real winner was the winter and the real loser was football.

The final has to be at the Rose Bowl or somewhere in Arizona if it's going to be in December.

BarryWhite likes this.