MLB 2019

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by SoCalJoe, Mar 28, 2019.

1. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Happy Opening Day!!! Hope springs eternal. My Halos maybe can challenge for the second Wildcard, but at least the dark cloud of Mike Trout’s free agency has been lifted. The Astros will win the division, but the Angels have rebuilt the farm system and help is finally on the way for the best player in the game.

encorespanish likes this.
  2. encorespanish

encorespanish Active Member

Spring has sprung! My one baseball hope is that the Indians rotation, arguably one of the best rotations in baseball, falters enough to leave a crack in the door to a relatively weak division for my Twins. Oh, and that Buxton and Sano actually stay healthy and finally play to their potential. I won't be holding my breath on either one of those though. Sigh, another season in the life of a Twins fan.

3. stlouisbrad

stlouisbrad Active Member

The addition of Goldschmidt and a full season without Mike Matheny should earn the Cardinals a ticket to the post-season.

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Ouch!

I'm looking forward to the season, for sure, but I dread the inescapable Yankee love that dominates the media.

5. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Giants 0-162!!

6. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Somehow my Orioles, who've been playing for 5 days and were supposed to be terrible, almost have as many wins as Fulham, who've been playing since August and were supposed to be okay!

7. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

RIP Bill Buckner, dang good hitter (over 2700 hits). I remember him from when my family just moved to Chicago in the early 80’s and he was the Cubs first baseman. Sadly he’s remembered for something else (even though the Mets had already tied the game before his error). His return to Fenway over 20 years later to throw out the first pitch was powerful. There is an E60 story that is also a great watch (talks about forgiving the media).

encorespanish and BarryWhite like this.