MLB 2018

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by HatterDon, Feb 24, 2018.

1. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Sigh...Just another year of the Halos wasting Mike Trout’s prime. First 2 games in Seattle he’s had 4 HRs, 5 RBIs, robbed Cruz of an HR, while the rest of team has 1 RBI combined in 2 losses. Seattle/Houston, NY/BoSox look to be locks for the Division/Wildcard spots. Add in Ohtani’s injury (he’s been fantastic both ways) and all Angel fans can hope for is Pujols to retire early and free up $$ to get Trout help.

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Well, he may not win a World Series in Anaheim, but at least he's still qualified for the Hall of Fame -- which is more than you can say for Charlie Blackmon, Arenado, or Cargo -- not to mention Larry Walker.

Excepting this site's brilliant journalist, sports writers are really ignorant about what makes a brilliant career.

3. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

I take some small solace in the fact that Albert will not win another World Series as a player.

4. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

Nearly half of Seattle’s wins (22 I believe) have been by a single run. I’m not sure that is going to hold up over the long term.

5. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

Wow. Just wow. I'm pretty sure I couldn't even hit .696 off of a tee.

"Widely regarded as the best player in baseball, Trout's production has surged to an otherworldly level over the last week. He has recorded only seven outs over his last 37 plate appearances (.778 OBP), batting .696 (16-for-23) with four home runs, nine RBIs, 11 walks (four intentional) and one hit-by-pitch. In addition to leading the Majors with 23 home runs and a 1.158 OPS, Trout also has more walks (64) than strikeouts (60) this season."

https://www.mlb.com/news/mike-trout-spurs-angels-rally-to-beat-d-backs/c-282053562

SoCalJoe, nevzter and encorespanish like this.
  6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

You young fellers and gals should enjoy this season. It's been a long, long time since the American League has had two brilliant position players like Trout and Altuve as well as two brilliant starting pitchers like Kluber and Verlander.