Michael Bradley

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by andypalmer, Sep 28, 2007.

1. BarryP

BarryP New Member

2. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Interesting to see that Everton wasn't even mentioned in a possible Bradley transfer.

3. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

The lunacy of MLS continues. Shame Brian doesn't live in LA, they'd have already worked out a deal for him.

4. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

Toronto knows they have Chicago over a barrel.

Besides, I think McBride will play in the Olympics and become a Fire player during the off season, when it will be much easier to make the deal.

Did anyone else catch the Fulham-Gooch connection!?!?!?

Setanta shows the French League, too, don't they?

5. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Setanta shows the French Ligue. You'll be able to see Bocanegra. Rennes was on a number of times.

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I just saw David Moyes lamenting how difficult it was getting players to sign this summer, and then I remembered the fact that the Toffees were linked with Bradley even before the season ended last year.

What gives? I can't imagine any side not wanting this kid. He has a tremendous upside, and no downside that I've been able to see.

Has anyone heard a creditable rumor in the last three weeks about MB?

7. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

No, but after (if not during) the Olympics expect lots of debate leading up to the August deadline. He'll go somewhere, and do fine.

8. Lyle

Lyle New Member

His form may have also declined towards the end of the season, and maybe teams got turned off. He got red carded in one of the last games of the season as well. He's not yet as stoic as his dad is. Maybe it is just the Olympics as well.

9. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

You'd think that teams would want to get him before the Olympics. I mean, if he has a strong tournament, I would imagine there'd be more competition for him and his fee could go up.

Of course, on the other hand, he could have a bad tournament and it could go south. Also, teams may not want to get a player only to not have him for the first few weeks.

Still, if he's not going anywhere now, I can't see him staying in the winter should he continue playing.

10. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

11. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

12. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

"winger Stuart Downing's shoes would be large ones to fill, but Bradley could be an adequate replacement for the England international."

don't agree with that quote, as in my opinion, Bradley currently wears a size 9 and Downing has about an 11 size foot.

but anyway, if he doesn't move in this window, he'll probably be worth more in the next window when a team needs cover for an injury or to boost the squad in the midst of a cup run. that is, if he continues his form.

13. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Well, this morning's Herrenveen squad does NOT include Bradley. The only reason I can think of why this is so is if he's about to be transferred.

We'll see. I think it's also a good idea to check out Standard Liege's lineup today -- should be possible in a few hours -- and see whether his Gooch's good display against Liverpool got him some offers. If he's moving, he probably won't be playing either.

14. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Thanks for the heads up Don. Did some searching, one site said 'Boro but it looks more likely he's headed to Germany. . . I dont read Dutch

http://www.sc-heerenveen.nl/web/show/id ... entid=7947

Good for him but I would've liked to watch him play in the EPL.

Also, you are right. Gooch isnt in the line-up today for Standard.

15. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Best check out your fave in/out thread. Mucho crap happening today and tomorrow.

16. BarryP

BarryP New Member

Bradley signs with Borussia Monchengladbach!

Is this the only team we did not hear associated with Bradley over the summer?

17. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Hmm... hope they know he's no Kasey Keller.

The Munich GladBags... what I think of everytime i see or hear the name.

{Yeah, I know, but I think my my blood sugar's low}

18. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Anybody have the slightest clue what 'fog means by:

In my salad days, Monchengladbach were to FC Bayern what Rangers were to Celtic and Feyenoord were to Ajax. They've fallen on hard times, but are obviously looking to get back to prominence.

Germany, huh? Who'da thunk it? Good luck to the lad.

By the way, Mo, Gooch did indeed start for Standard, and played the whole match. Ah well, there's still tomorrow.

19. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Sorry for the misinformation. Shouldnt have trusted some random blogger.

Congrats to Bradley. One article implied his dad advised him to take an intermediate step before EPL.

20. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

A lot of very good players have taken that route. He'll be one of them for sure.