Michael Bradley

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by andypalmer, Sep 28, 2007.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Sure glad to see I was wrong for following the 'Coach's son party line' on Bradley.

What a treat!

2. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Bradley to EPL

Dont know if this is old news to the rest of you, but it's new to me. Looks like Everton and Blackburn both want to get Bradley.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/2008/04/16/howard-sway-is-key-89520-20384520/

Great news! Getting to watch him play in the EPL will give me something to watch on FSC if you know what happens. He's one American I feel confident can fit into the English game.

I guess Howard has some sway with Bradley that Freidel doesnt?

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

RE: Bradley to EPL

I wouldn't bet a nickel on anything the Mirror says, Mo, but I agree with your assessment of Bradley's talents and game.

4. Clevelandmo

5. Lyle

Lyle New Member

It has also been reported in the BBC's gossip column several times to date.

6. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

This kid should be a solid player in the Prem, but my biggest concern would be how much 1st team football would he get next year (how far has Benny regressed?). Not sure if he isn't better off playing one more year in Holland. Of course Heerenveen probably couldn't turn down the $ that is being rumored.

7. Clevelandmo

There have been comments made implying Benny's lack of playing time has had more to do with his attitude. Bradley certainly doesnt have that problem.

8. SoCalJoe

Haven't heard that about Benny, but you are right Mo, Bradley from everything I read lives and breaths the game and will maximize his potential.

9. EricD

EricD New Member

Joe,
    Here is a portion of an article in March, and it really bums me out:

Bradley's assessment of Feilhaber's situation was blunt to say the least.

"He has to grow up," the coach said of the 23-year-old midfielder. "He has to mature as a player. He has to understand, day in and day out, how to earn the respect of the people he plays with."

Bradley went on to add that Feilhaber's omission from the Olympic team was down to form and fitness, but he also said that the player's success this past summer at the Gold Cup, when he scored the winning goal in the final against Mexico with a sublime volley, had caused him to lose his focus. That Feilhaber has played in 15 national team games while making only 20 appearances at club level the past three seasons would appear to bear this out, as does the fact that, in the past year, he has failed to make much of an impression on four head coaches.

"You never want to take away anything from a player at a moment when he's achieved something or when the team has achieved something," Bradley said of Feilhaber's Gold Cup performance. "But it is incredibly important that the bigger picture is still there. In that regard, the growing process for Benny needs to include all of this.

"I'm hopeful that, as difficult as I'm sure it was to not get named to the team for qualifying for the U-23 tournament, that he can again see the bigger picture of everything that's happened and realize that we still think there is potential. And that in the long run, with continued work and improvement, he can grow and help the team."

Bradley added that these are things he has discussed with Feilhaber at length, but when asked whether the message had been received well, the U.S. manager would say only, "We'll see."

10. SoCalJoe

re: Feilhaber

Thanks Eric for posting, let's hope he gets his act together, I assumed that since he walked-on at UCLA and progressed all the way to Europe that attitude wasn't an issue.

11. EricD

EricD New Member

RE: re: Feilhaber

I noticed something in the Poland when he was a little out of position on the left wing trying to get to a cross (we all know he prefers the middle, so he creeps over), but it was cleared out. He made a 35 yard sprint back on defense, and that was something I do not recall seeing previously.

Since then, he has at least made the bench for Derby's games - no PT, but he made the game day roster. The CCC may be a good option for him to get the necessary playing time to get priorities in order. It must drive him nuts to sit behind Savage.

He has the skills, talent, etc... to play this game at a high level, so I hope he gets his head on straight. Obviously Bradley sees something otherwise he would not get the chances given the attitude issue. It kills me to see Clark in the middle of the US team with Bradley Jr when I know Benny provides a much better partner there.

12. EricD

EricD New Member

RE: re: Feilhaber

4/21/08
    Dutch Eredivisie club Heerenveen, for which 21-year-old Michael Bradley scored 15 goals, has qualified for the Dutch Eredivisie UEFA Champions League playoffs and will meet Ajax Amsterdam, which finished runner-up to PSV Eindhoven, the league's automatic Champions League qualifier. In its last regular season game, Heerenveen thumped Excelsior, 5-0, and finished in fifth place, edging Feyenoord on goal difference.

Bradley's appearance against Excelsior marked his 33rd league game of the season. His 15 goals tie him with four other players as the fifth leading scorer in the Dutch top tier this season.

The league's second- through fifth-place finishers play off for one Champions League spot.

13. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

yeah, but they scored 5 and he didn't get ANY of them. :shock: Obviously a tremendous drop in form. They should bench him!!!! :twisted:

Let's see: good attitude, team-oriented, good work rate, good opportunism in front of goal, solid in all aspects of the game.

Yeah; I kinda like this kid! :D

14. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Bradley received a red card today in the 30-something minute of the 2nd leg of their Champs League playoff with Ajax. Ajax are up 3-0 in the 2nd leg (5-1 agg) as I type this.

Wonder what he did to deserve the red?

15. Fulhamburger

Fulhamburger New Member

There is a rumor in the mirror that Everton are trying to get Michael for £4m.

I know it's just a rumor but Bradley could be playing prem football as soon as next season.

16. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

wow! Carsley is getting a bit long in the tooth and Bradley could slot in there -- might even shave his head. Imagine Michael Bradley and Mikel Arteta in the same midfield. Stunning.

17. jmh

jmh New Member

Danny Murphy is getting a little long in the tooth too.

I'm just saying.

18. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

Carsley has left Everton....

19. Kickflip89

Kickflip89 New Member

20. Silas

Silas New Member

Wouldn't that turn out to be something. I've been hearing the story for some time, I certainly wouldn't be surprised to hear it's entirely true, and that would certainly give Bradley a big boost. It seems to be just about the best club he could go to and still get a lot of playing time.