Mexico - Panama: 7/9

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by MisfitKid, Jul 10, 2009.

1. MisfitKid

MisfitKid New Member

What in samhell did I just witness? A complete mess.
    Ref lost utter control. :3d nervous:

One good thing, Mexico couldn't handle Panama's size.

2. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

I had to check out what you're were talking about and I saw 4 RED CARDS in a 1-1 draw!?!? I gotta see highlights (err, lowlights) of this fiasco...wow...

And did anybody else see that the US match at Azteca in August is at 3pm ET or something like that?

Supergracias a Mexico y supergracias a Goya!!!

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Mexico is in serious disarray. They have a wonderful collection of talent and absolutely no leadership -- on field, on the sidelines, or in their FA.

Nev, Honduras at 1 p.m. in June, Panama at 2 o'clock in July, Azteca at 3 p.m. in August ... no wonder everyone says how easy it is to be in CONCACAF. Lolling about like that whilst our English cousins are playing against The Faroe Isles, Luxomberg, Andorra, and San Marino.

4. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

All's fair. Make it that much better when they finally make that one serious stumble and we kick their asses in their own house.

Like the guy said elsewhere, Azteca is actually easier than Saprissa.'Cause we never seem to expect to win.

5. EricD

EricD New Member

I saw the majority of that match. The ref was quick with the reds earlier in the match. A defender (Gun, I think), held Dos Santos and took him down. It did not seem malicious, but Noriega came over and shoved Gun (the replay was clear that Gun did not retaliate at all). The ref red carded both. I would understand a yellow, so that was the beginning of the end.

I do not understand why Aguirre would kick or even pretend to kick Phillips. He shoved the coach and then the whole thing goes on and on. There were some shoves going on, but it was not that bad. But Phillips would not leave. The fans were throwing stuff at the players leaving the field (running off with security) and throwing stuff on the field. There was something going on in the stands, but you could not see it very well on the tv coverage.

6. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

Re: RE: Mexico - Panama: 7/9

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCWeHfABLbk&

7. FulhamInPDX

FulhamInPDX New Member

RE: Re: RE: Mexico - Panama: 7/9

Crazy match. I'm happy I dvr'd this one. Just the typical Mexican BS. You could see the ref losing control of this on real early.