Meet at the Columbus Crew / Toronto FC game!

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by americanmike, Jun 6, 2007.

1. AmericanBob

AmericanBob New Member

On to Columbus...

Well In bought the seat now I just have to find a way to fill it. How will I recongnize the tailgate party, will they be flying the Fulham colours? One other question, where is the arena district in regard to the stadium? I am not planning on driving, just drinking a lot of beer. I hope to see you all there in July.
    AmericanBob :banana:

2. AmericanBob

AmericanBob New Member

Columbus OH July 22 2007 Be There or...

Hi There fellow Cottagers,
    I just got off the phone with one of the Crew's team boosters for this event and he asked if I could help spread the word as response has been a bit slim to date.
    Mike, is there anyway we could put our FUSA link on thier webpage, also MLS's page as well? He has heard of us but he didnt seem over enthusiastic , perhaps we need to woo The Crew with some of our Cottager magic? Maybe some free t-shirts ....
    Thanks
    AmericanBob

3. Jelly

Jelly New Member

RE: Columbus OH July 22 2007 Be There or...

AmBob,

What was the name of the person you spoke with at Crew? Was it Avin? He's the one I've been in contact with. He was very enthusiastic about this event but is a tad disappointed, methinks, with the low ticket numbers. My goal with this event now is to just have lots of fun and be able to share stories with all the FUSA members and hopefully build it into a decent annual thing.

If you are able to get to Cincinnati, there are a few of us going up together. Me, Dodger, Keith from FL. Once in Columbus, we'll be meeting at the grounds, and I will be flying the FulhamUSA banner that I get from Chicago Tom.

Not sure how close the arena dist is to Crew Stadium, but I reckon many of us will be trickling down that way following the game.

Let me know if you have any other questions, either by posting here or PMing me.

Jelly (Justin)

4. AmericanBob

AmericanBob New Member

Columbus OH July 22 2007 Be There or...

Jelly,
    Yes I believe it was Avin and yes it appeared he was disapointed with the ticket sales, I told him I would pass it along and ask for more Fulham people to get in which I have and will be glad to assist in any way I can. He sounded like a staunch Fulham supporter from the few minutes we spoke, a big CC fan who by the way is coach div 2 in Real Spain this year.
    AMBob

5. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

is anyone from mass and/or new england interested in this?

6. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Well they couldn't expected too big of a turn out for this. Its not like Columbus, Ohio is the biggest tourist spot in the US (no offence guys!). With that said, it was always going to be a tight knit group of fans but its all about quality than quantity...just like Fulham.

7. AmericanBob

AmericanBob New Member

Be there or...

AMMike, So aptly put, it is all about quality, if it wasnt we would all be MU fans... UP THE FULHAM!!!
    :lol:

8. Jelly

Jelly New Member

RE: Be there or...

Well put, Mike, although I admit that I did expect more people from in and around Ohio to go. It seems like I've seen a lot of people from around places like Dayton who joined FUSA but haven't bought tickets.

I didn't expect a great number of people to travel from far away to make it, and in fact, I've been surprised by the number of people from outside the area who have expressed interest. Like Bob, Terri from Atlanta, and Keith, who's coming in from FL. Even if it winds up not working out for the out of towners, it's still nice to see that those people were trying to make it, even if it meant travelling a long way.

And as for Avin, I couldn't have asked for a more cooperative, friendly, and knowledgeable contact person at the Crew. He told me he's actually a Liverpool supporter but that he does have a soft spot for FFC. And anyone who's a fan of CC is cool with me! Glad to hear he's managing again.

9. Jux

Jux New Member

FUSA Crew Tailgate

I posted this on the temporary MB, but it doesn't seem like that link is working anymore.

MrsJux and I were planning to be at Crew Stadium between Noon and 1pm (5 pm game start). We normally tailgate in the South (Unpaved) Lot, which is accessible from 17th Avenue (Directions "From the South"). If there is another designated spot, we can meet there instead.

I have a small grill and two coolers that I'll bring. As for post-match, we can either decide that here or talk about it at the tailgate. I'll bring a few copies of Arena District directions with me on Sunday.

Any thoughts? Also, you can PM me for my cell number so we can coordinate on Sunday.

10. terrinh73

terrinh73 Member

RE: FUSA Crew Tailgate

Sad I can't make it...I had a hard time rallying the troops and some unexpected expenses materialized :(. Hope you all have fun...I am insanely jealous!

Terri

11. AmericanBob

AmericanBob New Member

Jux, See you in the car park sometime in the early afternoon. Are you allowed to bring beer into the parking area? If so where is a good place to buy some near the field?

12. Jux

Jux New Member

If I understood your PM, then you are staying at the Red Roof Inn on Ackerman. You'll be close to a few grocery stores and places to buy beer (the green arrow is your hotel). There are probably more, but that is what google came up with. High Street is the main drag through the OSU campus and is a good place to find alcohol and food. There is also a Target store down Olentangy, past Kinnear, if you need other supplies.

13. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Any BP or Speedway station will have the usual assortment.

And yeah, though there's a prohibition against beer on state of Ohio venues, this is an exception... reason is they couldnt get anyone to come in with events if they didnt allow it.

And there's lots of places near Ackerman and Olentangy

14. ClevelandSimon

ClevelandSimon Member

See you guys on Sunday

15. Jelly

Jelly New Member

Dodger, Keith, and I will be getting there probably around 2:30 or 3. Leaving Cincinnati around 1. I'll be happy to talk about post-game gatherings while we're tailgating.

I have Jux's phone number (thanks!) so we'll track you all down when we get there.

Terri, sorry you couldn't make it. Maybe next summer!

See the rest of you there!!

Justin

16. Jux

Jux New Member

Sounds like we will have a few coolers and grills. Just bring what you want to eat and drink and we should be set!

See everyone on Sunday.

17. pettyfog

Seems a shame we cant do this at the Crew/Villa game so as to put a point on US fan followers, but since Villa should be an annual fixture, maybe next year.

Or MAYBE we could convince Lawrie's regime to try it again for Fulham.

18. AmericanBob

AmericanBob New Member

Re Crew FUSA Tailgate

Jux, Thanks much for all the heads up on food and ale in Columbus Ohio, I am grateful for all the info. See you All at the Tailgate & the Match.
    AmBob :lol:

19. pettyfog

Fulham Tailgate at Crew

Well, it was a nice get together, and the 'young'uns' are at the bar, as I write.

And, though we only saw about 30 minutes of decent soccer, a good result; 2-0 Crew - Schelotto Brace.

More later.

20. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I'm with Terri. Very green with envy; hope you guys had a wonderful time and interacted with other FulhAmericans. And rock on you Crew!