Meanwhile, elsewhere in the Championship ...

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by HatterDon, Aug 6, 2016.

1. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Let’s go Wolves!!!!!

EDIT: Thank You Wolves!!!!! 0-1 Final, now w/in 5 points and w/a better GD. Cardiff City mussed 2 PKs in second half stoppage! Caught the second penalty (really soft call), guy hit the bar on the last kick! Wolves coaching staff ran onto the field which pissed off Neil Warnock to no end!! He stomped about and when he was clapping his crowd he yelled at the Wolves manager to F__ Off! (Clearly heard it) when he came over to shake hands. Not many things make me happier in football than when Warnock is livid :D

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
  2. Coach K

Coach K Active Member

Yes, I was hoping for a red card or two, but two missed penalties in stoppage time is about as good. This is the way teams crumble...keep up the pressure and next week, we'll all jump on the Villa wagon. Anybody but Cardiff!

3. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

I totally agreed with this assessment of the match too. Most of the match it functioned well as a sleep aid. There was hardly any build up, just try to pitch the ball over top of the defense and see if someone can run onto it. Really sloppy passing and very little movement off the ball. I wondered if both teams were having an off day or if I've just gotten used to a much more creative style of play from Fulham.

BarryWhite likes this.
  4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Norwich takes all three from Villa, so the team just below us and the one just above us have lost this weekend. Now's the time!

5. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Even more positive news is Villa will likely bounce back after that performance against Cardiff on Tues.

BarryWhite likes this.
  6. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

Full time: Aston Villa 1-0 Cardiff City