McBride, Fire brilliant but...

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by pettyfog, Apr 19, 2009.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

It wasnt enough..
    McB got both Fire goals in the earlier minutes of the KC game at Bridgeview but the FSC announcing crew got it right when they said at H/T that 2-0 is the most deceptive and dangerous halftime score in soccer.

KC came back in the waning minutes to tie ugly, with two by Josh Wolff. They'd played atrociously in the first half but simply kept plugging away with counters and Kevin Hartman heroic saves, to make Curt Onalfo a little more satisfied with their effort.

Match Report.

- Comments: Some good soccer to watch in the first half, Blanco pairing with McBride is lovely. After that it was will they, wont they.. well, they did.

Key Subs: subs in second half shored up the midfield defense enough to instill some KC confidence in their attack. Blanco was taken out at 83'. That will cause some second guess grousing.

2. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

McBride for South Africa! McBride for South Africa! McBride for South Africa!

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

In the early '80s, the Orioles had a back-up first baseman/pinch hitter named Terry Crowley. He later became their hitting coach. Anyhow, everyone associated with the team would tell you that you could wake up "Crow" at 2 a.m. in the middle of winter, drive him down to Memorial Stadium in his pijamas and slippers, stick a bat in his hands, and he'd line a single over the 2nd baseman's head -- all before he had his first cup of coffee.

That's our man McBride. An amazing player. I'm sure he'll be scoring goals for Chicago next summer.

4. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Re: RE: McBride, Fire brilliant but...

Yes, Don... that's right, he wont come back. Unless USMNT comes up with someone who can provide service like Blanco or GBS might, there's no point in Brian going to SA. Otherwise it's collecting garbage or chancy "Wow, it went where I wanted to kick it!" assists.

Onliest pairing I could see for that would be Frankie and Brian.. heh, whatta image! MAYBE Dempsey if he continues to improve there.. but is it fast enough?

5. childers

childers New Member

RE: Re: RE: McBride, Fire brilliant but...

i am a huge fire supporter. i grew up in chicago and fell in love with the club during its first season. McBride has been simply brilliant this season. a healthy blanco will certainly go a long way in their quest for a championship. The game saturday in columbus should be interesting. crew have been struggling to win but are always dangerous at home

6. FulhamNorthwestUSA

FulhamNorthwestUSA New Member

Tidbit for all the Chicago Fire fans out there. I grew up with CJ Brown, we went to the same preschool, gradeschool, middleschool, highschool, and college. His dad was our youth soccer coach (his dad is a tough dude). I have not seen him in years (i moved to oregon) but i will always consider him a close friend. I have heard he is doing well and i hope he wins the humanitarian award for 2009. There is not a better guy out there. -Craig Schuck, Hayward Alumn 93'

7. DawgTheDon

DawgTheDon New Member

Fire 2-0 in Superliga!

8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Was Macca just given the night off last night, or is he injured?