Looking for some help -- again

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by dcheather, Aug 21, 2013.

1. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

I am trying to get some more content to help get the site update with info that Fulham American supporters perhaps need or want. If you look at the front page, I have updated the site to include all the local official US supporters club's basic info. Also, I have started a history section. I am hoping to include a Fulhamerican history -- perhaps a basic synopsis of each US player that has come to Fulham over the club's existence. If anybody is willing to write a brief bio of some of the players or all of them, please let me know.

2. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

I'll do a bio of Kasey Keller. Wish I could do the write-up on Brian McBride but I'm afraid my writing is not worthy of the US Legend. Someone should track down Terri and ask her to do Boca - I'm sure she'd like that ;)

3. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

McBride seems like a job for Barry. Clint should be written up by a fellow Texan, which means one of the two from the Alamo city. I should be able to put a sentence or two about the Fulham 'legends' that are Eddie Johnson or Eddie Lewis. Just let me know which player you want me to do a bio for and I'm on it.

4. BarryWhite

BarryWhite Well-Known Member

I can pitch in Heather. When things start coming together we can talk about what you are looking for in terms of which player(s), an idea of the number of words, etc. Since it is Fulham-USA we probably need to define if the bio is cover the USMNT & Fulham or just what you had in mind.

5. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Thanks Barry, I've already have a placeholder for the players here: http://fulhamusa.com/index.php/history/fulhamerica --not sure whether to include Emerson Hyndman or not since he's not in the 1st team. I think Joe is on to something with a brief sentence or two for some of the Fulhamerican players. I'm guessing the bios don't have to be too in-depth, pretty brief describing their arrival, time with Fulham, and afterwards. Maybe about 300 words or less? But I am open to longer bios or other ideas for some players if that is wanted.

6. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

I'll write a little intro and a brief bio of Khan. Unless Hatter wants to write an intro on the Fulhamerica history?

7. BarryWhite

BarryWhite Well-Known Member

Just to be clear we want this to focus on their time at Fulham and not the USMNT?

8. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

We are Fulham USA, so I would think a combination thereof would be good. It doesn't have to be like a school assignment either, I think a little humor and creativity would be welcome. Would everyone be okay with this direction?

9. SoCalJoe

A combo would be the way to go, and will agree that some of the Fulhamericans, EJ, Lewis, Hahnemann do require a little humor about their Fulham exploits as compared to Boca, McBride, Keller, and Deuce.

10. Clevelandmo

I agree about it being a combination of both, perhaps with an emphasis on the Fulham part. Afterall, I cant write something about Kasey Keller without mentioning that game vs Brasil. And sorry I haven't gotten around to writing it. Been swamped and out of town a lot but I will get to it.

11. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

This post I am about to write isn't completely related to the help I was originally looking for, but I need some assistance in keeping this site going. Unfortunately, I am running out of steam these past few days due to family obligations and health problems of late. It's nothing too serious. The disease I have can sap a lot of my energy some days, and add two kids under the age of 5--well, you get the picture you have kids. I am mainly looking for help in getting topics going on this site, the Facebook group and Twitter. I have asked people in the past to help out with the twitter account (which is why it can sometimes take on a "split personality" complex). Please, let me know if you can help out with any of the above and/or if you need more info as to how to help. Also, if you have any website or CMS experience please get in touch. Thanks.

I plan to keep posting as much as possible; however, the frequency may drop until I can get back to full strength. If anybody feels comfortable being a moderator, let me know too. I would like someone who has previous mod experience, but it's not completely necessary.

12. SoCalJoe

Heather, can't help with the twitter, but will help out with keeping topics/forum going on here. More importantly, hope you feel better real soon.

13. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Thanks Joe, I hope to feel better soon too.

14. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Well wishes to you from out here too, DCH. I can help move the ball on the site (not that anybody will read my drivel), but not a FB or Twitter person, so that's going to be an area where I can help. Again, hope your health improves rapidly and all the best.

15. tim

tim Active Member

Heather - I can't say I have any website or CMS experience, but happy to help facilitate conversation here and through the social accounts (assuming, of course, people are interesting in my ramblings). Please let me know what I can do and I'm happy to contribute however I can. Get better soon, and in the meantime, I'm happy to take whatever I can off your plate.

16. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Thanks Tim and everybody. I usually just tweet Fulham articles I come across from RSS feeds, google alerts, etc. And do the same here and every once awhile to the Facebook account as well. Every once in awhile engage in some friendly banter with fellow Fulham supporters on Twitter. But Twitter is not really my thing though.

17. Clevelandmo

Bummed to hear you arent feeling well, especially with such young children. I hope you are feeling better soon. Much like the others, I dont use FB and twitter much so I dont know how useful I'd be there. I will try to start more threads on this site that might be of interest. I've been out of town most weekends and that will continue so I'll do more during the week. Do you still want the USA player articles or will that just be more work for you at this point.

18. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Yeah, just send them when you can and I'll put them up when I can. I think our forum must have the most busy individuals, especially the weekends. :lol:

Of course, I appreciate any help from whoever can pitch in. It can be a real chore sometimes trying to keep up.

19. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

I don't do facebook or twitter either and wonder if it really matters if you slack on that while you recover or not. I'm happy to help however I can though. I don't have experience maintaining websites or moderating, but am an educated, intelligent man, so following instructions is within my purview. PM me with whatever you need and I'll be happy to do what I can to pitch in.

I hope you get to feeling better.

20. sacffc

sacffc Well-Known Member

I got my first programmer job in 1980. One of the thing I learned is that in that job, every 10 years most of what you know becomes irrelevant. So, although I have no CMS experience, I have a lot of experience learning new development environments. I have a little bit of experience in website maintenance and a lot of experience in software maintenance. If you think there's some technical stuff I might be able to help with, I'm willing to give it a shot.