Looking for help and advice on next seasons tickets

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by phillybiz, May 8, 2007.

1. phillybiz

phillybiz New Member

I am planning on making several trips next season, especially for the category "A" matches and assume it would be cheaper to purchase the season because match packages are no longer available. Is this true? If so, how is the view and atmosphere in the seating located on the edges of the Hammersmith end? Is it a better idea to pay extra for another location? Thanks for your time.

2. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

All depends what you are looking for. A loud section for singing, a great view...

How many times do you think you'll be coming over??

You could do one of the cheap season tickets in hammy H1 or H8 or maybe spend a bit extra cash and get in to H5 of hammy.

3. phillybiz

phillybiz New Member

An area with good atomsphere is ideal. I was thinking of the outer sections of the Hammersmith because of their price but was concerned about the view of the pitch. I definately want to be around people enjoying themselves as opposed to the uptight, stay seated types.

Don't know an exact number of times yet, but I'm taking time off to travel and recharge the batteries. It will be at least a few times for long enough stretches to see as many matches as possible. Visiting other venues away like Anfield before it gets torn down is a must.

I'd also like to find somplace to donate the tickets for the fixtures I can't attend to maybe a kid whose a fulham fan but can't afford to go. In your opinion what section has the best mixture of both view and atmosphere? Thanks again for your time.

4. americanmike

[​IMG]

I'm a hammy ender so I'm a bit biased to that stand although I really do like the Johnny Haynes stand for its history and especially for Block H. Locals can tell you about that block.

If I were you, I would spend the extra 100 pounds and go in to H6 in Hammersmith end. Thats were our group are getting our tickets and the designated singing area will be at the back of that stand. So plenty of atmosphere.

As for away games, I can help you out when we get the fixture list.

5. phillybiz

phillybiz New Member

Really appreciate the knowledge. It's nice making a more informed decision. I'll be sure to catch up down the road sometime. Thanks Again.

6. metsfan15

metsfan15 New Member

Whats up fellow supporters? My wife and I are all set for our first trip across the pond this coming December (12/25/07-1/2/08). Right now it looks like the Birmingham game on the 29th would be the game we would attend or should I go to the game on the 1st against Chelsea? I'm not looking to spend an arm and a leg, so do you think the Birmingham game would be better? Also, how would I go about buying single game tickets? Does the team make arrangements for away matches? Sorry, for all the questions but I am very excited about this trip and I dont know where else to turn but my friends at FulhamUSA. Thanks in advance for any help any of you could provide.

7. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Metsfan, first of all, as a Phillies fan, I am pleased to see your beloved Metropolitans having a rough go of it lately and letting my Phillies back in the race in the NL East as they are now just two games back.

As for your question, if I were you and you were only picking one game, I would surely pick the Chelsea match at the Cottage on New Years Day. First of all, it is one thing to see the Cottage, but a completely different thing to see a match there..let along one against their arch rivals from down the road.

As for tickets, AmericanMike should probably be able to help you out with this. You can always send him an email at mike@fulhamusa.com. He lives over there and has season tickets so he can give you all the ins and outs for tickets, when they go on sale, traveling to an away match if you decide to go that route, etc.

I hope this helps! I am sure you and your wife will have a great time!
    Take pictures and show all of us here on the site when you come back.

8. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

Hi MetsFan,

The Chelsea game will be a sell out, you will need a season ticket holder to get tickets for you (or a member if it goes that far).

It is worth going away. You should be able to get tickets through the club, Mike may be able to help you also. I would recommend going on the coach as well as it will take you too and from the game. It is a bit slower and leaved you back at Craven Cottage at 10pm, but is a worth while experience.

The police at St. Andrews were the most plesent I have ever experience while followng Fulham, the fans themselves are mostly a good bunch.

I hope your trip goes well and look forward to reading you match reports in the new year!

GBFC.

9. bocanegraMan

bocanegraMan New Member

Good to hear someone else is going over the new year's; as am I.....i was a bit disappointed to see chelsea on new year's day because I was hoping to go then....but there's no way i can foresee being able to get tix (i'm sure mike will be limited in what he can pull).....i'll probably end up going to an away match either against birmingham or after....of course the f.a. cup 3rd round is that following weekend- that match might be the easiest to get tix to- home or away.....

10. americanmike

Metsfan15, you have mail and BocanegraMan, I'll do everything I can to help get tickets.

speaking of which, I may start a separate thread for FulhamUSA members to request tickets throughout the season. We did this on BigSoccer last season and it was a huge success. Anywho, keep in touch.

11. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

I was going to get the membership card, but if it is easy to request tickets through you Mike I will just do that. Let me know the best route to go as I hope to attend every away match as well.

Another bit...I have a a friend of a friend that is going to get me some free tickets to see Real Madrid play this fall at the Berneabau. If any of the FulhamUSA supporters are up for going with my friend and I let me know. I wil try and get as many tickets as I can. Great opportunity I wouldn't dare pass up.

Phillybiz...great gesture to donate the remaining tickets. I really wish I could do the same, but I am breaking the bank just to study abroad. Hope you enjoy your time in London and maybe I'll catch up with you there.