Locked: Summer 2007 ins and outs

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by HatterDon, May 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krhimself

krhimself New Member

RE: Another signing

Wow, what a rip-off job by Celtic. No way Miller is worth even half of what Derby paid for him. I'm still surprised that they managed to get that much for him.

Papa seemingly on his way out. Would be a good move for both parties (especially if Murphy replaces him), he needs pastures new at this stage.

2. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

RE: Another signing

any good Japanese players you would recommend to LS last minute kr?

3. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Compete? Kid owns that position compared to the competition.

I'm with you. Don't what the transfer window to shut, but do at the same time.

4. jmh

jmh New Member

Word on TFI and the BBC is the Crystal Palace's Finnish striker Shefki Kuqi has joined us on loan until January.

5. richardhkirkando

richardhkirkando New Member

Sounds like a desperation move to me. He was decent with Ipswich a few years ago, but I don't think he's done much since. I'm guessing this means we're not getting Skunkman.

6. jmh

jmh New Member

7. andyns

andyns New Member

And Danny Murphy has joined...not a great day really

8. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I am not impressed with the Kuqi signing and the Murphy deal is not that impressive as well. However, I will say that both players do add depth to the team and that is never a bad thing.

Seol Ki-Hyeon will give us more width on both the right and left side and he will definitely compete for a place in the team each week. I am not sure he is of equal value as Rosenior, but whatever works. I am not sold on Rosenior being the next England right back as others seem to think. However, I would have liked to see Fulham get some cash in addition to Seol.

As for Papa leaving....good riddance. Take a hike!

9. BarryP

BarryP New Member

As has Seol in a swap with Reading for Rosenior.

10. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

I don't mind the Murphy deal...he really can be quality and if he finds his form which he had at Charlton he can be a real asset for us. The problem he had at Spurs is that he simply didn't get the games. At the very least, I see him adding depth...which is why I ask this. Say smertin/davies gets hurt. Who would you rather have? Brown or Murphy...I know my answer.

I am disappointed Rosie has left, but it was a necessity and one I knew was on its way. His father was Fulham, he was Fulham but it seemed he had to go. No sense dwelling. More depth to the squad.

I'm confused about the papa deal...when LS came I had known he was happy with him...all of a sudden he's not and he's leaving. I'd like to find out more...

11. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

This has been the craziest transfer period for Fulham that I have ever heard of. How many players are new?? Now lets hope we can make them gel...its all up to Sanchez now.

12. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

Lawrie has bought himself quitel literally a full squad. I believe that is what... 12 players now. The majority of which I am glad to have in the side.

Not sure how Kuqi will fit into the fold, but as Mike mentioed earlier he will add depth in attack. Couldn't be happier to have Seoul in the side. He will add depth and a good physical presence on the left wing. Murphy has loads of experience and will be a decent subsitute. Probably get a decent run out in the CC as well.

Roll on tomorrow. Spurs are in for a fight.

13. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Well, when I started this thread, I was hoping for 4-6 signings. Now we're at 14 or 15. I wonder just how long it's going to take before these guys are a cohesive squad.

About today's signings and goings ...

I think Murphy is a waste of a squad position, and I hope we're not paying above board for wages for him. He offers nothing that we can't get from the MF we already had, and he's had an attitude problem in the past.

I like Seoul. I was impressed with him early last season with Reading, and was surprised when he didn't feature much. He may be down on the depth chart, but he's aggressive and has pace.

Kuqi makes sense -- only as a loan and only until January. Like Howard and Zamora, he's a big strong guy who can help hold down Brian's spot until he comes back. Then he's back to the Eagles.

As far as leaving, well ... I guess I can go ahead and order my #2 jersey. We still have Volzy. Only Moritz and Brian survive from the players who I had a strong emotional attachment to. The others were Boa Morte, Papa, and Liam. I agreed with the departure of Boa, and I understand that Papa has disappointed everybody in the known Fulham universe [except for me], but I'm shattered to see Liam leave. What is it about the football world that treats the Rosenior family like crap? I hope that, in Coppell, he got a class manager who will help him get that full England cap.

My overall take? Good that everyone he's signed is used to English football and won't take time to get acclimatized. Bad? How long is it going to take him to settle on a best 15? This many new players -- especially in the last week -- is insane. I see us playing under our capability until late September.

14. WVfulhamfan

WVfulhamfan New Member

I like bringing in Seoul, I was impressed with him last year at Reading, especially the first half of the season. Kuqi appears just to be another body until McBride gets back healthy. There should be a fair amount of competition for playing time now, especially in the midfield. I am anxious to see how it all works out this season. For now, though, I am only worried about beating the spurs.

15. jmh

jmh New Member

OK people, let's get this straight.

The capital of South Korea is S-E-O-U-L.

The player who Fulham just signed is S-E-O-L.

16. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

"It's been a busy last couple of days with many deals being done but hopefully this concludes our business for the window and we can now concentrate on winning football matches and climbing the table." - LS

17. Lyle

Lyle New Member

At least Danny Murphy is coming over in a loan deal. I would hate for Fulham sign him permanently. Kuqi is there to provide back up until McBride can come back.

Seol was signed for sponsorship purposes and he can play.

18. BC

BC New Member

While I'm excited that LS has restructured the team, I'm concerned that we may have gone a bit overboard. Like Don said, we could take a while to gel and we can't afford to keep dropping points or we're going to be in a relegation fight yet again. Of course, had we made no transfers, we'd be fighting that same fight. So who knows? Let's hope everything comes together and we finish comfortably in the top ten.

19. jmh

jmh New Member

I don't think anyone objects to the idea of bringing on a Korean player for sponsorship purposes, or even that player being Seol. Seems like Liam was a lot to give up for him, though, especially when the speculation was that *if* it was a swap deal, there would be a couple million pounds coming our way as well.

20. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Well interesting day. Stefonavich for 1 mil is excellent and I'll say wait and see on the others. Murphy when on his game is a very good player. If we could get that out of him it will be terrific. It adds a lot more depth which is good.

I must say though I'm pretty sad to see Liam go. He always plays with great intensity, always gave all and wants to win games. Was one of my favorite players at the club. I will never forget the goal line clearance at City.