Locked: Summer 2007 ins and outs

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by HatterDon, May 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmh

jmh New Member

Maybe a left-sided player who can actually use his left foot, say.

For whatever it's worth, Timlin's Wikipedia page says he "quickly became a favourite at the County Ground [Swindon Town] with his fantastic performances."

2. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

thanks for the update jmh

3. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Timlins getting older now so I'll be surprised if we keep him. He's at the point now where if he doesn't make it on the 1st team come August, he never will.

I'm hoping for Zakuani, Runstrom, Briggs, James, and Omosouzi(sp?) to all come good.

4. americanmike

Players Released

So that is 7 players gone...and I would have to agree with almost all. Best of luck to each one.

5. fulham7

fulham7 New Member

RE: Players Released

He needs to release more still that isnt enough.
    And im all for this complete reshuffle.
    If i was manager and i was given £25mil for example i would get rid of almost everyone.
    Keep
    Dempsey
    Mcbride
    Diop
    Niemi
    Bullard
    and Volz and then just start afresh. Because the players that are there are all ifs and buts.
    Example-Rosenior - "great player"-(we all say that when we've won against Arsenal) "Bring back volz" (We just got beat by Bolton and he played the worst ive ever seen)
    there are so many ifs and maybes I dont like Sanchez at the moment but i didnt like Bouba Papa Diop when he 1st came and got sent off against West brom but now hes by far the strongest midfielder we've got.
    The Future could hold anything=
    relegation (Likely)
    top 10 (likely if we here transfers are sorted and hes spending £15m)
    Bottom half (Almost certain hehe SAME OLD FULHAM ALWAYS DRAWING AND NO AWAY FORM)
    Fulham to win 2+ away games nxt year 1,000,000/1

6. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

RE: Players Released

Wow. Well, who are their replacements then?! LS hopefully has a darn good master plan for bringing players in.

7. americanmike

Re: RE: Players Released

Fulham7,
    When a club releases a player, it is under 1 of two circumstances. Either the player was on loan or the player’s contract expires at the end of the current season. The club cannot release any players who are still under contract unless it is under mutual consent…any other players who leave from here on in will have to be sold.

8. martin

martin New Member

Re: Players Released

Yeah, can't say I'll miss that group much. Except Pembo, I always liked him. He was involved in the only goal in my only visit to the Cottage. On a cold Sunday afternoon in 2005, Diop headed home a Pembo corner in extra time to beat West Brom, 1-0. So Pembo always got the benefit of the doubt from me. Good luck to all of them.

9. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Re: Players Released

Pembridge is a fave of mine because he's the LAST active player I'm aware of who played for Luton in the top flight [original 1st division]. THAT's how old he is. He was in the squad because of his Wales connection with CC so he's the one I'm LEAST surprised about.

10. americanmike

RE: Re: Players Released

Funny enough, I also have always liked Pembo. He was involved heavily in the match when we beat the scum and I was very impressed with him that day.

He also made the final pass that lead to 'THAT' Diop goal.

11. jmh

jmh New Member

Are Pembridge and Crossley likely to retire at this point or will they sign on somewhere else?

12. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

They're waiting to see if the Best kid gets on in MLS.....
    ;)

13. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Re: RE: Re: Players Released

Crossley will likely end up on a Coca-Cola Championship team. I am not so sure about Pembridge though. Age is going against him and injuries seem to be mounting. He might sign elsewhere, but I doubt he will have much of an impact.

14. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Just saw that Little Sam at Bolton is after Brown for 3m quid. If Brownie goes, we really have to keep Papa. Papa can be the defensive mid/forward sweeper that can help the defense.

I'll be sorry to see Brownie go, though. I love his committment, although I think he's a little loose in the noggin at times.

15. jmh

jmh New Member

I can't imagine LS is particularly enamored of Brown after he went and got himself suspended.

16. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Yeah, he's the Robert Horry of Fulham
    ;)

17. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I see where Mido is ruing his 4-year contract with Spurs. He played decent this year, but he's never going to surpass Berbatov and Keane.

Any possibility of getting him away from White Hart Lane? Maybe another season-long loan? He's got pace and aggression, and would match up well with Macca.

18. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I think Mido could do well at Fulham. He is still young at 23 and has always been tagged as a player with loads of potential but a bit crazy in the head. I am NOT sure what Spurs plans with him is, but if they are willing to loan him out, we should be first in the queue.

If they were to sell him, I am not sure the asking price. If it is over 7 or 8 million, that would be way too much. However, we have seen Mido and he has shown he can score in this league when given consistent playing time. Should be interesting to see what unfolds with him.

Perhaps our Egyptian, Al Fayed, will consider another Egyptian, Mido, and bring him to Fulham.

19. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Like the idea of Mido except for the possibility of him leaving ala Papa for the African Cup. Surprised to see he's only 23 (the only older looking you kid is Greg Oden). A Mido + Healy/Nugent is just the kind of splash MAF needs (**Read CT's cover story**) at the beginning of the transfer window (When does it officially open??)

20. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I believe the window opens on May 23rd officially. However, deals are already being worked on now and reported in the media when finalized.

On T-F-I this morning Steve B is reporting that perhaps as early as this weekend Lawrie Sanchez will unveil his first signing. No hints or clues who it is though.