LOCKED: January 08 Transfer Window

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by Lyle, Oct 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

2. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

Ok...here are some rumors...take them for what you will. Just thought it would be nice to start up some discusions for January which is right around the corner.

Rumour Date 04/Dec/2007
    To Club Fulham
    News Paper The Times
    Transfer Amount
    Fulham boss Lawrie Sanchez is keen on Portsmouth's out-of-favour midfielder Matthew Taylor

Rumour Date 10/Dec/2007
    To Club Fulham
    News Paper Daily Telegraph
    Transfer Amount
    Fulham boss Lawrie Sanchez is ready to make a move for Watford captain Marlon King

Rumour Date 29/Nov/2007
    To Club Fulham
    News Paper The Sun
    Transfer Amount
    Fulham, Wigan and Bolton are in competition to sign Barnsley's German goalkeeper Heinz Muller

Rumour Date 13/Nov/2007
    To Club Fulham
    News Paper The Times
    Transfer Amount
    Fulham are looking at 15-year-old Crystal Palace midfielder John Bostock. Portsmouth have already had a £2m bid turned down

Rumour Date 04/Oct/2007
    To Club Fulham
    News Paper Daily Mirror
    Transfer Amount
    Wolves keeper Wayne Hennessey is attracting interest from Aston Villa, Fulham and Manchester City
    Rumour Date 11/Dec/2007
    To Club Fulham
    News Paper The Times
    Transfer Amount
    Fulham manager Lawrie Sanchez is interested in signing Wolves goalkeeper Wayne Hennessey

Rumour Date 11/Dec/2007
    To Club Fulham
    News Paper Daily Star
    Transfer Amount 4m
    Celtic and Fulham are set to bid £4m for Burnley's Irish striker Kyle Lafferty

Rumour Date 30/Oct/2007
    To Club Fulham
    News Paper The Express
    Transfer Amount 2m
    Fulham are lining up a £2m bid for Leicester defender Patrick Kisnorbo
    Rumour Date 30/Oct/2007
    To Club Fulham
    News Paper Daily Mirror
    Transfer Amount 2m
    Fulham are lining up a £2m bid for Leicester defender Patrick Kisnorbo

Rumour Date 06/Dec/2007
    To Club Fulham
    News Paper The Express
    Transfer Amount
    Fulham are interested in signing West Ham's Bobby Zamora after striker Brian McBride suffered a setback in his recovery from a knee injury
    Rumour Date 05/Dec/2007
    To Club Fulham
    News Paper The Independent
    Transfer Amount 5m
    Bobby Zamora will be allowed to leave West Ham in January if their £5m valuation is met, with Fulham leading the chase for the striker

3. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Well, for what it's worth, this sure didn't take very long to materialize:

"Aston Villa manager Martin O'Neill is monitoring FC Toronto's 21-year-old midfielder Maurice Edu. (Mirror) "

4. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

a few thoughts from some of these rumors. Why are we looking at goalkeepers? The Barsley keeper is 31. Does this mean someone has approached LS with some serious money for Niemi? Granted, they are just rumors...but to see us linked to two different keepers makes me wonder. Also, the kid from Palace. We need people who can play now. if the funds are there fine, but how can they be when LS already spent a bunch in the summer? Who is the Kisnorbo guy from Leicester? IMO we do need some more defenders so I'd like to know more about him. Could any of these guys be the three done deals that Don talked about?

5. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

wow! I thought Maurice did put in a hell of a performance against Switzerland. he's an exciting young prospect.

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

doggie, about Steve Howard, we first got linked with him when Brian went down. I know quite a bit about him as he's a former Hatter. He's also an old-fashioned English center-forward, with tons of guts and a ballwinner in the air. He's just not as good as Brian, and he isn't EPL quality. He's also on the wrong side of 30. I was frankly surprised to see that Derby kept him after they got promoted. I was certain they'd sell him to another CCC side.

about the goalkeeper, with KK injured, we really do need an experienced goalkeeper in reserve. Batista played a blinder for the Portuguese U-21s, but he's not in the mix and Warner is an accident waiting to happen. Niemi is indestructable in matches, but made of spun glass during warmups, so somebody quality and match-ready is critical. I wouldn't worry about the ages of some of the GK's we've been linked to. A 31 year old keeper is a lot better prospect than a 31 year old striker.

Thanks for the research, pard.

7. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Hennessey would be a damn good signing. He is only 20 and has experience already. He is gonna be Wales' #1 for a long time.

Howard is rubbish at this level. That is all anybody needs to know about him.

Zamora is way too overpriced. If he was going for about 3M I would say take it, but this is too much money for a player that is injured and really hasn't done a whole lot in the Premiership.

Bostock is supposed to be an exciting prospect. I would like us to finally show some sort of sight towards the future and sign somebody like this. He might not be ready to play in this league for a couple of years, but from everything I read he sounds like he could be a star.

Do not want Taylor as we already have 2 left sided players and a left back. It would be a total waste of money.

Not sure about Lafferty. He has loads of skill, but the price is not right and he only has 2 goals all season. If he can ever play to his potential he is gonna be a star, but I am not sure if it is worth the risk.

Kisnorbo plays for Australia and has been Leicester's best defender for a couple of years. He is I believe their captain and is supposed to be decent. I would rather us go after somebody with a little more experience in a top class league.

It seems as though we have loads more money to spend. If this is the case I would like to see us make a splash and sign somebody with real quality at either the forward position or CB. I like Crouch and do not think it is unrealistic. If we have the cash then spend it. I am not sure who I would want at CB. I have not really gotten a chance to watch much football this season. Thanks Omsdogg it is good to be posting on these boards again.

8. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

bah, LS cant buy anymore (bum)Premiership/CCC players! fulham should go elsewhere.

so here's my (odd) holiday shopping list:

CB: Christophe Berra, Linvoy Primus, Jimmy Conrad
    CM: Laryea Kingston, Michael Bradley, Edgar Davids, Benny Feilhaber
    ST: Bakari Kone, Tulio De Melo, Fredrik Berglund

[i forgot to add Reto Ziegler to that list. Can you imagine fulham's image with the goldy-locks of him, Berglund and Runstrom???]

9. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

I would love for us to take a chance on De Melo and Kone. They are class and would improve the team. I watch and support Le Mans. De Melo is qulaity and could replace Mcbride. Kone is pacey and scares any defense.

10. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but apparently Fulham along with a host of other clubs are interested in James McFadden.

From the BBC Website, "Fulham, Wigan, Birmingham, Celtic and Rangers all want Everton striker James McFadden. (The Times)"

Would love to see him in a white shirt... Not likely to happen though.

11. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Lies, damned lies and transfer rumors. This is from Soccernet:

Outgoing: Ageing defender Ian Pearce could be on his way to the Championship, while Leicester may also seek to keep hold of loaned striker Collins John. Moritz Volz (Southampton) may seek first-team action elsewhere and, despite not making his debut yet, winger Lee Cook (QPR) has been linked with a return to his former club.

Incoming: Kyle Lafferty (Burnley) is the latest Northern Irishman to be linked with Lawrie's Sanchez's side, although he would cost around £3million. Bobby Zamora (West Ham) or Marlon King (Watford) may come cheaper, while Matthew Taylor (Portsmouth) may be a little over budget. Aussie Patrick Kisnorbo (Leicester) may also be brought in to help the Cottagers' creaking defence.

12. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Alright loads of rumours so lets get to it.

Cristiano Lucarelli to us. Appearently he hates Ukraine and wants to play somewhere else on loan. I have always admired him and think he would be a damn good addition to the team.
    http://www.clubcall.com/index.jsp?storyID=330402

Jonas Olssen to Us or Newcastle and Bolton. Appearently one of the top defenders in the Eredivisie. I would give more info, but I do not know much about him.
    http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/ ... d-to-trio/

Luke Moore to us or Boro and Birmingham. I like him and think he can score 10-15 goals a season. Decent signing if it were to happen.
    http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/ ... 37,00.html

Kuqi to us permanately. Please no!
    http://www.crystalpalace-mad.co.uk/news ... &id=367560

Oh and you lot will absolutely love this one. Oguchi Onyewu to us with no other teams mentioned. I think he has dropped off quite a bit since his performance in the world cup. He was not that good with Newcastle or with the US since then.

http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/a ... sp?a=93137

13. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Well, if the Luke Moore rumors have merit, it's us against Boro. No way they'd let him stay in the Midlands -- especially and join their rival.

I like the kid also. I think he's just what our forward line needs.

14. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

Luke Moore should be top of Lawrie's shortlist for the January transfer window. O'Neill is a big supporter of the kids, so I don't believe he will let him go without a fight. For those who haven't seen him play in the prem much, they may remember his thrashing of the MLS talent over the summer. I believe he scored a hat trick against Toronto FC. Those brief glimpses of his ability are all most of us have to base our opinion off, but I believe his ability is far superior to the likes of Kamara, Bouazza, Seol and Kuqi in attack. Healy is a poacher and can hold the ball up well. So, he could slot in nicely with Moore.

15. krhimself

krhimself New Member

Our kit sponsors flex their considerable muscle: Fulham linked with both Cho Jae-jin and Song Chong-gug

Don't know much about the latter guy aside from him being part of the SK national team set-up, but I can tell you that Cho has a good eye for the goal and provided his club in Japan with a decent amount of goals this season. Not sure how well his game would translate in England, though. As good as he could become, he probably won't light up the Premiership overnight.

16. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

which is why I say quit wasting our time with these guys. we need to figure our midfield situation out right away before the window opens. to me, Simon Davies is the only person who has secured a spot in midfield.

17. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

i dont know if anyone saw the chelsea/'pool carling cup match today, but momo sissoko seems his way out of liverpool.

so on a scale from 1 to 14, with 1 being the lowest degree of likelihood and 14 absolute metaphysical certitude, what do you think fulham's chances are getting him?

[i think the actual degree of likelihood is 6.5]

18. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Second guy has a MUCH cooler name. Sounds like a good guy to have drinks with.

19. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

if we're goin after a guy with a cool name then we gotta get that PimPong dude from Ghana.

20. jmh

jmh New Member

We should get Pimpong AND Frimpong. Defenders would be so confused by the similarity of their names that one of them would be bound to find some space!